Dr. (Mrs.) Parul Sahu
Doctor of Philosophy, Chemical Engineering, BITS Pilani (Goa Campus), 2019, Master of Technology, Chemical Engineering, IIT Bombay, 2011
Dr. (Mrs.) Parul Sahu
Mobile No. +91 9623265672
/ 0278-2567760 (Extn. 7411)
Scholar google: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=XKX1XSQAAAAJ&hl=en
- Srinivas Krishnaswamy, Parul Sahu*, Krishnaswamy Ponnani, “Calorimetry based temperature and specific enthalpy measurements associated with ice-water phase change in saline systems for freeze desalination”, International Journal of Thermofluids, 15 (2022), 100175.
- Parul Sahu, “Process design and economic evaluation for cyclopentane (CP)-based hydrate desalination’, Desalination and Water Treatment, 250 (2022) 51–64.
- पारुल साहू* एवं खुशबू एस. “ठोस पदार्थों का द्रवीय विलयन: मूल तत्व एवं अनुप्रयोग“ भारतीय वैज्ञानिक एवं औद्यौगिक अनुसंधान पत्रिका 29:2 दिसम्बर (2021) पृ. 115-119.
- Parul Sahu, Sumesh C. Upadhyay, Sameer Bhatti, Jasbir Kaur Mahey, Rahul J. Sanghavi, Arvind Kumar, “Sodium-sulphate production from sulphate-rich bittern: A parametric study and economic evaluation’, Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering, 9 (2021) 105632.
- Parul Sahu, “Clathrate hydrate technology for water reclamation: Present status and future prospects’, Journal of Water Process Engineering, 41 (2021) 102058.
- Parul Sahu, A comprehensive review of saline effluent disposal and treatment: conventional practices, emerging technologies, and future potential Journal of Water Reuse and Desalination (2021) 11 (1): 33–65.
- पारुल साहू* एवं अंजलि सोनी “जल शोधन में अधिशोषण प्रणाली का महत्व“ भारतीय वैज्ञानिक एवं औद्यौगिक अनुसंधान पत्रिका 28:2 दिसम्बर (2020) पृ. 182-187.
- Parul Sahu, Srinivas Krishnaswamy, Nawal Kishore Pande, Process intensification using a novel continuous U-shaped crystallizer for freeze desalination. Chemical Engineering & Processing: Process Intensification 153 (2020) 107970.
- Parul Sahu, Srinivas Krishnaswamy, Krishnaswamy Ponnani, Nawal Kishore Pande, A thermodynamic approach to selection of suitable hydrate formers for seawater desalination. Desalination 436 (2018) 144-151.
- Parul Sahu “A holistic approach for inorganic salt recovery from wastes generated from common salt harvesting activities”, AIChE Annual Meeting 2022, Phoenix, Arizona USA 13 – 18 November, 2022.
- Parul Sahu “Recovery of sodium chloride and sodium sulphate from salt refinery waste by crystallization techniques”, International Conference on Chemical Engineering: Enabling Transition Towards Sustainable Future CHEMTSF 2022, IIT Roorkee, India 8 – 10 September, 2022.
- Parul Sahu, Srinivas K., “Calorimetric measurements associated with ice-water phase change in saline systems for freeze desalination”, 13th International Conference on Thermal Engineering: Theory and Applications ICTEA 2022, Baku, Azerbaijan 22 – 24 May, 2022.
- Karan Liya, Parul Sahu “Integrated Solar Salt Production from Evaporated Residue (ER) of Reverse Osmosis Reject Generated from Tanneries”, 74th Annual session of Indian Institute of Chemical En Congress, CHEMCON 2021, Bhubaneswar, India 27 –30 December, 2021.
- Parul Sahu “Case Studies on Mineral Salts Recovery from Saline–Effluents”, International Virtual Conference on Frontiers in Chemical Sciences,’ IVCFCS 2021, MS University Udaipur, India 25 June, 2021.
- Parul Sahu and Bhavdip Patel “Extraction of K2SO4 from an aqueous NaCl+K2SO4 solution by organic solvent PEG 200”, National Conference on ‘New Frontiers in Energy and Environmental Sustainability,’ NFEES 2021, PDEU Gandhinagar, India 27 – 28 February, 2021.
- Parul Sahu, Utilization of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) refrigeration for cold chain application: A case study of Kochi LNG Regasification Terminal, National Conference on ‘Recent Trends in Chemical Engineering & Environment Protection’, B.I.E.T. Jhansi March 29 – 30, 2019.
- Parul Sahu, Srinivas Krishnaswamy, Nawal Kishore Pande, Heat transfer with phase change in U-shaped crystallizer for freeze desalination, 12th International Conference on Thermal Engineering: Theory and Applications (ICTEA-2019), PDPU Gandhinagar, February 23 – 26, 2019.
- Parul Sahu, Srinivas K., Study of batch Crystallizer for Freeze Desalination (FD), International Conference on Desalination (InDACON-2018), NIT Trichy, April 20 – 21, 2018.
- Parul Sahu, Srinivas K., Study of U-tube crystallizer for desalination, 69th Annual session of IIChE, CHEMCON – 2016, Anna University, Chennai, December 27 – 30, 2016.
- Parul Sahu, Srinivas K., Ponnani K. N., A theoretical approach to selection of suitable hydrate former for seawater desalination, Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Gas Hydrates (ICGH8-2014), Beijing, China, July 28 – August 1, 2014.
- Parul Sahu, J. Adhikari, ‘Prediction of Vapor-liquid equilibria of polymerization system, viz. low-density polyethylene (LDPE) using molecular simulation’, ChEmference 2011, IISc Bangalore, India 23 – 24 September, 2011.
- Srinivas Krishnaswamy, Parul Sahu, Krishnaswamy Ponnani, Parivesh Chugh, Nawal Kishore Pande, “Process and system for routing LNG cold energy for desalinating sea water and power generation”, Indian Patent No. 419254 (Application No. 201811014242) Date of Grant: January 25, 2023.
- Srinivas Krishnaswamy, Parul Sahu, Krishnaswamy Ponnani, Parivesh Chugh, Nawal Kishore Pande, “A process and apparatus for continuous freeze crystallization”, Indian Patent 419254 Application No. 201921016099, Date of Filing: April 23, 2019.
- Thermodynamic studies on salt – water – organic solvent systems.
- Resource recovery from brines/saline effluents.
- Crystallization kinetics and morphological studies.
- Process development and techno-economic evaluation.
- Separation Techniques
- Phase Equilibrium Thermodynamics
- Chemical Process Design