Senior Principal Scientist
6320 / 2567760 (Extn. 6320)
List of Publications
1. Diruthenium(III) m-oxo-complex with amino acid bridges and its oxidative deamination in presence of oxygen. M. M. Taqui Khan*, Amjad Hussain*, M. A. Moiz, D. Chaterjee and R. B. Thorat. Polyhedron, 12, 1993, 1437.
2. Ru(III) Analogue of model Methane Monooxygenase in the effective catalytic oxidation of cyclohexane by molecular oxygen. A. Hussain, R. S. Shukla*, R. B. Thorat, H. J. Padhiyar, K. N. Bhatt. J. Mol. Catalysis, 193, 1-2, 2003, 1.
3. A novel effective hydration of carbon monoxide in liquid phase by water-soluble ruthenium complex catalyst at moderate pressures in aqueous medium. R. S. Shukla*, S. D. Bhatt, R. B. Thorat & R. V. Jasra,
Applied Catalysis A: General 294 (2005) 111-118. IF: 2.728
4. Heavy Metal Content of Suspended Particulate Matter at World’s Largest Ship-Breaking Yard, Alang-Sosiya, India. S. Basha*, P. M. Gaur, R. B. Thorat, R. H. Trivedi, S. K. Mukhopadhyay, Nisha Anand, S. H. Desai, K. H. Mody & B. Jha. Water, Air, and Soil Pollution, Springer publication, 178 (2007), 373-384. IF: 1.224
5. Substitution of trans ligands in µ-oxo-bis(µ-acetato)diruthenium(III) complexes: Synthesis and kinetic studies . A. Hussain*, A. K. Bhatt, D. Krishna Kumar, R. B. Thorat, H. J. Padhiyar & R. S. Shukla. Inorganica Chimica Acta, Vol. 362, Issue 4, (2009), 1101-1108. IF: 2.322
6. Assessment of heavy metal content in suspended particulate matter of coastal industrial town, Mithapur, Gujarat, India. S. Basha*, Jayaraj Jhala, R. B. Thorat, Sangita Goel, R. H. Trivedi, Kunal Shah, Gopalkrishnan Menon, P. M. Gaur, K. H. Mody & B. Jha. Atmospheric Research (Elsevier) Vol. 97, (2010), 257-265. IF: 1.592
7. Water pollution of Sabarmati River- A Harbinger to Potential Disaster. Soumya Haldar*, Subir Kumar Mandal*, R. B. Thorat, Sangita Goel*, Krushnakant Baxi, Navalsang Parmer, Vipul Patel, S. Basha, & K.H. Mody* Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, Springer publication, Vol. 186, No. 4, (April 2014), pp 2231-2242, DOI:10.1007/s10661-013-3532-5.
8.Occurrence and distribution of selected heavy metals and boron in ground water of Gulf of Khambhat region, Gujarat, India. Devang Upadhyaya, Mayur D Survaiya, Shaik Basha*, Subir Mandal,,R. B. Thorat, Soumya Haldar, Sangita Goel, Himal Dave, Krushnakant Baxi, Rohit H Trivedi & Kalpana Mody Environmental Science and Pollution Research, Springer publication, Vol. 21, Issue 5, pp 3880-3890,(2014), DOI: 10.1007/s11356-013-2376-4
List of patents filed :
- Patent No. :657/DEL/97/ dt. 17-3-1997 Title of patent:An improved process for preparation of bromine. Patentee’s :Dr. Amjad Hussain, Dr. S. D. Gomkale, Dr. R. S. Shukla, Mr. H. J. Padhiyar, Dr. R. B. Thorat, Dr. A. S. Mehta
- Patent No. :NF 74/2001 Title of patent:A process for preparation of formic acid by catalyzed hydration of carbon monoxide. Patentee’s :Dr. R. S. Shukla, Dr. R. B. Thorat, Dr. S. D. Bhatt, Dr. Amjad Hussain, Mr. H. J. Padhiyar, Dr. R. V. Jasra.
AAQM (Ambient Air Quality Monitoring), Chemical analysis of seawater, Environmental audit and Marine Environment Impact Assessment of the industries, Base line studies
Inorganic Chemistry; Homogeneous Catalysis; Coordination Chemistry.