Dr. Rajendra Singh Thakur
Dr. Rajendra Singh Thakur
6730 / 2567760
Currently I am trying to contribute in following problems at CSMCRI. (Concluded outcomes followed by work in the tunnel.)
- Solid-state NMR characterisation of Gas storage materials with special adducts. PCT Patent Link.
- NMR based metabolite profiling in sea plants. Simpler method of extraction devised and biochemical maps of metabolites were proposed to explain seasonal variations. RSC Advances Link.
- Solid-state NMR investigation of borate adsorbed LDH addressing the structural transformation involved. Coherent mechanistic outcome obtained in an integrated fashion was a satisfactory outcome. Journal of Physical Chemistry C Link.
- Successfully followed the course of successive substitution on polymeric resin beads. Journal of Applied Polymer Science Link. The experience was used to characterise membranes as well.
- Defluoridation using indigenous resin system and activated alumina addressing Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, and Regeneration (DST-WTI Project). Enhanced rate of fluoride uptake was obtained in a 50L reactor. Devised a suspended bed column and could replace difficult to handle chemicals with sober ones. Indian and PCT patent filed. (Link)
- Proposed a mechanism for faster defluoridation of patent described in item no 5, by offering spectroscopic proof. Ions which interfere with defluoridation are present on the surface of alumina, and proposed chemical treatment can favor energetics by removing interfering ions. (Link)
- Patent filed in item no 5 also covers a home-built method and fabricated set-up for particle size distribution controlled synthesis of resin beads. This reaction was performed in aqueous medium and takes care of exothermic nature to a certain extent. (Link)
- Studied dustless and gypsum chalks, in relation to the indigenous chalk developed in the Institute, to understand quantity and characteristics of the dust generation. We could provide evidence and argues that the impact of dust from gypsum chalk is much higher than that of dustless chalk owing to difference in physicochemical characteristics. Indoor and Buit Environment (Link)
- Published an study to understand the mechanism of writing and wiping using chalk and board combination. Surface roughness of board was found to be governing the writing appearance. Improved duster made from polymer matrix gave superior wiping performance over commercial duster which consist fibers. It also contained detailed account of efforts made for optimization of dustless chalk (clean-write) preparation suitable for humid conditions. Current Science (Link). Read the simpler version of story published by India Science Wire (Link).
- I tried once to prepare amorphous NaCl. The idea was to instantaneously freeze the aqueous solution by plunging into liquid nitrogen and removing the water matrix by evaporating ice under vacuum. IT FAILED. Attempting to characterise various NaCl crystal morphologies using solid-state NMR. Still unable to interpret the data. I learned a few things out of these experiences.
Applications of NMR in Chemistry & Biology
NMR, General Chemistry, Spectroscopy