Dr. Sourish Bhattacharya
B.Tech (Biotechnology); M.Tech (Fermentation Technology); PhD (Biological Sciences)
Dr. Sourish Bhattacharya
6300 / 2567760
- Shrivastav, A., Mishra, S. K., Pancha, I., Jain, D., Bhattacharya, S., Patel, S., & Mishra, S. (2011). Biodegradability studies of polyhydroxyalkanoate (PHA) film produced by a marine bacteria using Jatropha biodiesel byproduct as a substrate. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, 27(7), 1531-1541.
- Das, P., Bhattacharya, S., Mishra, S., & Das, A. (2011). Zn (ii) and Cd (ii)-based complexes for probing the enzymatic hydrolysis of Na4P2O7 by alkaline phosphatase in physiological conditions. Chemical Communications, 47(28), 8118-8120.
- Sahu, A., Pancha, I., Jain, D., Paliwal, C., Ghosh, T., Patidar, S., Bhattacharya, S., & Mishra, S. (2013). Fatty acids as biomarkers of microalgae. Phytochemistry, 89, 53-58.
- Bhattacharya, S., & Singh, P. (2013). Studies on Various Parameters Involved in Conjugation of Starch with Lysine for Excellent Emulsification Properties Using Response Surface Methodology. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, International Journal of Biological, Biomolecular, Agricultural, Food and Biotechnological Engineering, 7(5), 357-360.
- Patidar, S. K., Chokshi, K., George, B., Bhattacharya, S., & Mishra, S. (2015). Dominance of cyanobacterial and cryptophytic assemblage correlated to CDOM at heavy metal contamination sites of Gujarat, India. Environmental monitoring and assessment, 187(1), 4118.
- Patidar, S. K., Mishra, S. K., Bhattacharya, S., Ghosh, T., Paliwal, C., Goel, S., & Mishra, S. (2015). Naturally floating microalgal mat for in situ bioremediation and potential for biofuel production. Algal Research, 9, 275-282.
- Bhattacharya, S., Bachani, P., Jain, D., Patidar, S. K., & Mishra, S. (2016). Extraction of potassium from K-feldspar through potassium solubilization in the halophilic Acinetobacter soli (MTCC 5918) isolated from the experimental salt farm. International Journal of Mineral Processing, 152, 53-57.
- Bhattacharya, S., Maurya, R., Mishra, S. K., Ghosh, T., Patidar, S. K., Paliwal, C., Chokshi, K., Pancha, I., Maiti, S., & Mishra, S. (2016). Solar driven mass cultivation and the extraction of lipids from Chlorella variabilis: A case study. Algal Research, 14, 137-142.
- Pancha, I., Chokshi, K., Maurya, R., Bhattacharya, S., Bachani, P., & Mishra, S. (2016). Comparative evaluation of chemical and enzymatic saccharification of mixotrophically grown de-oiled microalgal biomass for reducing sugar production. Bioresource Technology, 204, 9-16.
- Bachani, P., Bhattacharya, S., Jain, D., Patidar, S. K., Soundarya, R., Tirkey, S. R., Ranawat, B., Bharadwaj, S.V., & Mishra, S. (2016). Bioprospecting of Halotolerant Bacterial Isolates for Potassium Recovery from K‐Feldspar. Chemical Engineering & Technology, 39(9), 1645-1652.
- Bhattacharya, S., Soundarya, R., & Mishra, S. (2016). Ammonium Bicarbonate as Nutrient Substitute for Improving Biomass Productivity of Chlorella variabilis. Chemical Engineering & Technology, 39(9), 1738-1742.
- Bhattacharya, S., Dubey, S., Singh, P., Shrivastava, A., & Mishra, S. (2017). Biodegradable Polymeric Substances Produced by a Marine Bacterium from a Surplus Stream of the Biodiesel Industry. Bioengineering, 3(4), 34.
- Bhattacharya, S., Dineshkumar, R., Dhanarajan, G., Sen, R., & Mishra, S. (2017) Improvement of ε-polylysine production by marine bacterium Bacillus licheniformis using artificial neural network modeling and particle swarm optimization technique. Biochemical Engineering, 126, 8-15.
- Bhattacharya, S., Pramanick, S.K., Gehlot, P.S., Patel, H., Gajaria, T., Mishra, S. & Kumar A. (2017) Process for Preparing Value Added Products from Microalgae Using Textile Effluent Through Biorefinery Approach. ACS Sustainable Chemistry and Engineering, 5, 10019-10028.
- Bhattacharya, S., Bhayani, K., Ghosh, T., Bajaj, S., Trivedi, N. & Mishra, S. (2018) Stability of phycobiliproteins using Natural Preservative ε-polylysine (ε-PL). Fermentation Technology, 2018, 7, 149.
- Bhattacharya, S., Singh, P., Maity, N.C., Mishra, S. (2018) Distribution of antimicrobial ε-polylysine producing marine microbe in sea water along west coast of India. Biomaterials and Medical Applications. 2:1.
- Sequeira, R.A., Singh, N., Pereira, M.M., Chudasama, N.A., Bhattacharya, S., Sharma, M., Mondal, D., Prasad, K. (2018) High concentration solubility and stability of ɛ-poly-l-lysine in an ammonium-based ionic liquid: A suitable media for polypeptide packaging and biomaterial preparation. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 120, 378-384.
- Sevda, S., Garlapati, V. K., Sharma, S., Bhattacharya, S., Mishra, S., Sreekrishnan, T. R., & Pant, D. (2019). Microalgae at niches of bioelectrochemical systems: A new platform for sustainable energy production coupled industrial effluent treatment. Bioresource Technology Reports, 7, 100290.
- Sequeira, R. A., Sharma, M., Pereira, M. M., Singh, N., Bhattacharya, S., Chudasama, N. A., & Prasad, K. (2020). One step selective partition of ε-polylysine present in broth cultures in ionic liquid-based aqueous biphasic systems. Separation Science and Technology, 1-9.
Patent Published & Granted: Engine worthy fatty acid methyl ester (biodiesel) from naturally occurring marine microalgal mats and marine microalgae cultured in open salt pans together with value addition of co-products (US 2014/0099681 A1; EU patent EP2475754 granted).
Patent Filed: A process for the preparation of a potassic fertilizer from natural potassic ores using halophilic bacteria” filed at national phase (1445DEL2015 filed on 22nd May’ 2015).
Anti-virulence formulation from microalgal lipids against enteropathogenic bacteria and method of preparation thereof (Filed on February 2019 0188NF2018/IN).
Sevda, S., Bhattacharya, S., Abu Reesh, I.M., Bhuvanesh, S., & Sreekrishnan, T.R. (2016). Challenges in the Design and Operation of an Efficient Photobioreactor for Microalgae Cultivation and Hydrogen Production. In Biohydrogen Production: Sustainability of Current Technology and Future Perspective (ISBN: 978-81-322-3575-0).
Bhattacharya, S.*, Sevda, S., Bachani, P., Bachani, P., Bharadwaj, V., Bharadwaj, V., & Mishra, S. (2019). Waste Biomass Utilization for Liquid Fuels: Challenges & Solution. Liquid Biofuel Production, 73-87.
Shrivastava, A., Dubey, S., Mishra, A., Mishra, S., Bhattacharya, S.* (2019) Sustainable development of biopolymers and its application as an effective tool in drug delivery and tissue engineering, In Drug Delivery, Nanomedicine and Tissue Engineering: Guide to Strengthen Healthcare System, Apple Academic Press.
Microalgal Biofuel. Valorization of microalgal biomass. Microbial synthesis of biopolymers (ε-polylysine and polyhydroxyalkanoates). Probiotics for women health. Microbial leaching of Potassium Feldspar for potassium recovery for its application as biofertilizers. Bio-ethanol production from Lignocellulosic and microalgal biomass. Bioremediation of textile wastewater through circular economy model through biomass valorization. Bioreactor design.
Biochemical Engineering, Marine Biotechnology; Biopolymers; Biofuel; Probiotics; Bioremediation.