Dr. A. Bhattacharya
Dr. A. Bhattacharya
Membrane based separation Science (Reverse Osmosis, Nanofiltration, Ultra filtration, Microfiltration), Removal of pesticides through membranes, Photo-modification of membranes, Enzyme immobilization on membranes, Conducting Polymer,Conducting composite, Radiation Grafting on polymeric backbone, Physical behavior of polymeric solutions.
Associated to Teaching Programme: AcSIR
Editorial Board Member: International Journal of Membrane Science and Technology
Domestic dearsenification plant installation (2005 ) in Maslandpur, 24Pgs, West Bengal, India from Central Salt andMarine Chemicals Research Institute, project funded by Ministry of Environment and Forests, India.
Domestic dearsenification plant installation (2006 ) and the regeneration of the previously installed plants inMaslandpur, 24Pgs, West Bengal, India from Central Salt and Marine Chemicals Research Institute, project funded by Ministry of Environment and Forests, India
For the Aila Victims in Hindalganj, 24Pgs, West Bengal, India: To supply pure water from pond water through RO mobile plant from Central Salt and Marine Chemicals Research Institute (11th to 23rd June, 2009) . The pure water is filled up into jerry can (supplied byUNESCO) and supplied to different islands in the Sundarban, the mangrove Forest West Bengal, India).
Guidence: 02students (Ph. D), 01(M. Tech)
1. Studies on the role of Photoirradiation in membrane performances
2. Studies on immobilization of lipase on microporous Polymer membranes and their hydrolytic activities for model compounds
For the M. Tech Dissertation
Title: Removal of atrazine from water by low pressure thin film composite membranes
2. Studies on immobilization of lipase on microporous Polymer membranes and their hydrolytic activities for model compounds
For the M. Tech Dissertation
Title: Removal of atrazine from water by low pressure thin film composite membranes
Comparative study of hydrolysis of different oils by lipase immobilized membranes. S. Gupta, P. Ingole, K. Singh and A. Bhattacharya, J. Appl. Polym. Sci. 124 (2012) E17-E26. - is chosen for the thematic issue on membrane Science.
Book-: Polymer Grafting and Cross-linking - Wiley.
Editor(s): A. Bhattacharya, J. W. Rawlins, P. Ray
Hardcover, 341 pages
Polymer Grafting and Crosslinking. Edited by A. Bhattacharya, J.W. Rawlins, and P. Ray.
Book reviewPublished in J. Am. Chem. Soc.2009, 131 (20 p7204 Publication date (Web): April 14, 2009 (Book review) DOI:10.1021/ja902814m.
Bhattacharya, Amit (2010, June 28). EnzymeImmobilization strategies on different polymer matrices and their applications. SciTopics. Retrieved June 28, 2010, from http://www.scitopics.com/Enzyme_Immobilization_strategies_on_different_polymer_matrices_and_their_applications.html
The review entitled "Grafting: a versatile means to modify polymers Techniques, factors and applications" published in Progress in Polymer Science is one of the highest impact factor publications from CSIR labs in 2004.
The abstract of the publication (Remediation of pesticides polluted waters through membranes Separation and Purification Reviews, 35 1-38 (2006)) is in Abstracts in New Technologies and Engineering database from CSA.
Biographical Profile has been included in 2006-2007 Edition of Who's Who in Science and Engineering
Biographical Profile is included in Outstanding Scientist of the 21st century, Inaugural edition published in 2007 by International Biographical Centre, Cambridge, England
Regular reviewer of the national and International Journals viz. Journal ofApplied Polymer Science, e-Polymers, Journal of Hazardous materials,Clean- soil, air and water, Journal of Indian Chemical Society,Journal ofSuper critical fluids , Enzyme and Microbial Technology, Journal ofmembrane Science, Journal of Macromolecular Science- A. Pure and AppliedChemistry, Polymer Bulletin , International Journal of Chemical Reactorengineering, Polym. Eng. Science, Advances in Polymer Technology,Brazilian chemical Engineering , Experimental nanoscience , PolymerResearch , Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites , PolymerEngineering , Process Biochemistry, Separation and PurificationTechnology , Synthetic Metals, Arabian Journal of Science and Engineering Journal of advanced Research
Reviewer of research proposals from CSIR, DST (India)
Panelized(two times) in the inventory of NSERC, Canada.
Received 'Ranit Protibha Puraskar' on 1991for the progress ofResearch orientation
Book proposal (Wiley Publications) reviewed Title of the Book: Radiation Processing of Polymer Materials and Its Industrial Applications
Membership : Life member of Indian Chemical Society and Life Member ofIndian Science News Association
CSIR (in House), IFS (Sweden), DAE (India), DBT(India), NetWork(CSIR), DST (India),
Projects to come:
Ministry of Water Resources
List of Publications:
52) Mayank Saxena, H. Brahmbhatt, D. Anjali Devi and A. Bhattacharya, Separation of atrazine from water through thin film composite membranes: Influence of salts and surfactants – Desalination and water Treatment- 1-12(2014).
51) Mayank Saxena, Rakeshkumar M. Jain, H. Brahmbhatt, Kalpana Mody, A. Bhattacharya. Biosurfactant in membrane separation of atrazine from water, Water, air, soil Pollution 225(5) 1942-1949(2014).
50) R. N. Joshi, K. M. Popat and A. Bhattacharya, Defluoridation performances of tailor-made thin film Polyamide composite membranes, Journal of Indian Chemical Society 91917-923(2014).
49) Rabindranath Lo, Amit Bhattacharya, Bishwajit GangulyProbing the selective salt rejection behavior of thin film composite membranes: A DFT study- J. Memb. Sci. 413 90-95(2013). DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.memsci.2013.02.025
48) S. Sharma, N. Dhandhala, and A. Bhattacharya, Studies on the effects of salt and surfactant in wet phase separation of Polysulfone - Macromol. Sci.: Pure Appl. Chem. A 49 11 (2012). DOI :10.1080/10601325.2012.722848
47) S. Gupta, P. Ingole, K. Singh and A. Bhattacharya, Comparative study of hydrolysis of different oils by lipase immobilized membranes- J. Appl. Polym. Sci. 124 (2012) E17-E26. (I. F. 1.240)
46) Kripal Singh, Pravin G. Ingole, Jayesh Chaudhari, Harshad Bhrambhatt, Amit Bhattacharya, Hari C. Bajaj Resolution of racemic mixture of -amino acid derivativethrough composite membrane J. Memb. Sci. 378 (2011) 531-540. ( I. F. 3.85)
45) Yogesh Kumar, H. Brahmbhatt, G.S. Trivedi, A. Bhattacharya, Surfactant enhanced filtration performance of mono-chlorophenol isomers through membrane-Memb. Water Treat. 2(3)1-9 2011.
44) P. S. Singh, A. P. Rao, P. Ray, A. Bhattacharya, K. Singh, N. Saha, A. V. R. Reddy, Techniques for characterization of polyamide thin film composite membranes- Desalination- 282 (2011) 78-86. ( I. F.2.59)
43) R. N. Joshi, K. Singh, and A. Bhattacharya, - Approaches to prepare TFC Polyamide membrane by coating diamine during, and/or post formation of asymmetric membranes and their performances- Braz. J. Chem. Eng. – 28(3) 457-465 2011. (I. F. 0 .637)
42) Kripal Singh; Pravin G. Ingole; Harshad R. Brahmbhatt; A. Bhattacharya H. C. Bajaj, Preparation, characterization and performance evaluation of chiralselective composite membranes- Sep. Purif. Tech. - 78 (2) (2011)138-146. (I. F. 2.921)
41) Bhattacharya, Amit (2010, June 28). Enzyme Immobilization strategies on different polymer matrices and their applications. Sci Topics. Retrieved June 28, 2010, from http://www.scitopics.com/Enzyme_Immobilization_strategies_on_different_polymer_matrices_and_their_applications.html
40) Kripal Singh; Pravin G. Ingole; H. C. Bajaj; Amit Bhattacharya; Harshad R. Brahmbhatt, Optical Resolution of α-Amino Acids by Reverse Osmosis using Enantioselective Polymer Membrane Containing Chiral Metal-Schiff Base Complex- Sep. Sci.Tech. - 45 1374-1384 (2010). (I. F. 1.015)
39) S. Gupta, K. Singh and A. Bhattacharya, Polysulfone globules as lipase immobilization support and their Hydrolytic activities towards olive oil-Int. J. Biol. Macromol. 46 445-450 (2010). (I. F. 2.502)
38) K. Singh, H. C. Bajaj, P. Ingole and A. Bhattacharya, Comparative study of enantioseparation of racemic tryptophan by ultrafiltration using BSA-immobilized and BSA-interpenetrating network polysulfone membrane- Sep. Sci. Tech.-45 346-354 (2010). (I. F. 1.015)
37) Yogesh, H. Brahmbhatt and A. Bhattacharya, Remediation of simazine from water through low pressure thin film composite membrane using surfactants- SPECIAL ISSUE: ENVIRONMENTAL AND INDUSTRIAL WASTE MANAGEMENT USING MEMBRANE SEPARATION AND BIOREMEDIATION- (2010) Int. J. Env. Eng. (invited). – Vol 2 No1/2/3 4-14. (I. F. 1.117)
36) S. Gupta, Yogesh, K. Singh and A. Bhattacharya, Lipase immobilized on Poly (vinyl alcohol) modified Polysulfone membrane: Application in hydrolytic activities for olive oil. Polym. Bull.- 64(2)141-158(2010). (I. F. 1.532)
35) Yogesh, S. Haldar, P. Paul and A. Bhattacharya, Polysulfone-Azo composite membrane: new preparative approach, importance in bactericidal and bio-film inhibition activities- J. Appl. Polym. Sci. 115 3710-15(2010).
34) S. Gupta, Yogesh, K. Singh and A. Bhattacharya, Studies on permeation of Bovine serum albumin (BSA) through photo-modified functionalized asymmetric membrane- Macromol. Sci.: Pure Appl. Chem. 46 90-96 (2009).
33) Yogesh, S. Gupta, S. Javiya, P. Paul, S. Basu, K. Singh and A. Bhattacharya, Natural colors through modified synthetic membranes: Separation performances of floral pigments from the extract of rose petals- J. Ind. Chem. Soc.- 85 1134-1159(2008).
32) Yogesh, K. M. Popat, B. Ganguly, H. Brahmbhatt and A. Bhattacharya, Studies on the separation performances of chlorophenol compounds from water by Thin film composite Membranes, Macromol. Res. 16(7) 590-595 (2008).
31) S. Javiya, Yogesh, S. Gupta, K. Singh and A. Bhattacharya, Porometry studies of the Polysulfone membranes on addition of Polyethylene Glycol in gelation bath during preparation (2008) J. Mex. Chem. Soc. 52(2) 140-144.
30) Yogesh, S. Gupta, S. Javiya, P. Paul, S. Basu, K. Singh, B. Ganguly and A. Bhattacharya, Studies of performances by interchanging the sequence of the photomodified layer in the TFC membrane (2008) J. Appl. Polym. Sci. 108(4) 2611-2616.
29) Yogesh, K.M. Popat, H. Brahmbhatt, B. Gangulyand A. Bhattacharya, Pentachlorophenol removal from water using surfactant enhanced filtration through low pressure reverse osmosis membranes (2008) -J. Haz. Mat. - 154 426-431
28) A. Bhattacharya, D.C. Mukherjee, J. M. Gohil, Y. Kumar and S. Kundu (2008) Preparation, Characterization and Performance of conducting Polypyrrole composites based on Polysulfone –Desalination 225 366-372.
27). S. Gupta, Yogesh, S. Javiya, M. Bhambi, C.S. Pundir, K. Singh and A. Bhattacharya, Comparative study of performances of Lipase immobilized asymmetric Polysulfone and Polyether sulfone membranes in Olive oil hydrolysis (2007) –Int. J. Bio. Macromol. - 42 (2) 145-151.
26) Yogesh, P. Paul, S. Basu, A. Bhattacharya (2007) Development of Light induced functionalized Asymmetric Polysulfone membranes- J. Appl. Polym. Sc 105 609-614.
25) A. Bhattacharya, P. Ray, H. Brahmbhatt, K. N. Vyas, S.V. Joshi, C.V. Devmurari, J. J. Trivedi (2006) Pesticides removal performance by low-pressure reverse osmosis membranes –J. Appl. Polym. Sc. 102 3575-3579.
24) Yogesh, K. M. Popat, H. R. Brahmbhatt, B. Ganguly and A. Bhattacharya (2006) Performance Study of thin film composite polyamide membranes in remediation of nitro-phenols from water- J. Appl. Memb. Sc. Tech. - 4 25-32.
23) K. Singh and A. Bhattacharya (2006), Porometric study of Polysulfone membranes and their co-relation with the Performance- J. Ind. Chem. Soc. 83 201-204.
22) J. M. Gohil, A. Bhattacharya and P. Ray (2006), Studies On The Crosslinking Of Poly (vinyl alcohol), J. Polym Res 13(2) 161-169.
21) K. Prasad, K.Trivedi, A.K. Siddhanta, A. Bhattacharya (2005), Surface tension and fluorescence studies of polymer-surfactant solutions: I Agarose-CTAB, Ind. J. Chem., Sec A. 44 A 2445-49.
20) K. Prasad, A. K. Siddhanta, A.K. Rakshit, A. Bhattacharya and P.K. Ghosh, (2005), On the properties of agar gel containing ionic and nonionic surfactants Int. J. Biol. Macromol. 35 135-44.
19) J.M. Gohil, A. Bhattacharya and P. Ray (2004), Effect of Polymeric surface-active agents in the phase inversion step of asymmetric membrane formation, J. Surf. Sci. Tech. 20 (1-2) 1-7.
18) A. Bhattacharya and P. Ray (2004) Studies on surface tension of Poly (vinyl alcohol): Effect of concentration, Temperature and addition of chaotropic agents, J. Appl. Polym. Sc. 93(1) 122-30.
17) D. Dutta, A. Bhattacharya, S. Chatterjee and B. N. Ganguly (2003), Insignia of Positronium molecular interaction in polyamide membrane material, Chem. Phys. Lett 379 119-26.
16) D.Dutta, A. Bhattacharya and B.N. Ganguly (2003) Microstructural study of aromatic polyamide membrane materials, J. Memb. Sc. 224 127-34.
15) A.V.R. Reddy, D. Jaganmohan, A. Bhattacharya, V.J. Shah and P.K. Ghosh (2003), Surface modification of ultrafiltration membranes by preadsorption of negatively charged Polymer I : Permeation of water soluble Polymers and inorganic salt solutions and fouling resistance properties, J. Memb. Sc. 214 211-20.
14) S. Das, A. Bhattacharya, P.C. Mondal, M. C. Rath and T. Mukherjee (2002), One electron reduction of 1,2 dihydroxy 9,10 anthraquninone and some of its transition metal complexes in aqeous solution and in aqueous isopropanol-acetone mixed solvent : a steady state and pulse radiolysis study, Rad. Phys. Chem.65, 97-103.
13) A. Bhattacharya, A. Das and P. C. Mondal( 2000) Radiation induced polymerization of N,N dimethylacrylamide in aqueous solution, J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem. 246(1) 237-8.
199912) S. Aich, T. Sengupta, A. Bhattacharya and S. Basu (1999) Magnetic field effect on an exciplex between N-vinyl carbazole grafted on cellulose acetate film and 1,4 dicyano benzene, J. Polym. Sc. Part A Polym. Chem. 37 3910-15.
199811) A. Bhattacharya, A. Das and A. De (1998).Structural influence on grafting of acrylamide based monomers on cellulose acetate , Ind. J. Chem. Tech. 5 135-38.10) A. Bhattacharya, A. De and P.C. Mondal (1998) Carbonate radical induced polymerization of pyrrole: A steady state and Flash photolysis study, J. Nucl. Radioanal. Chem. 230(1-2) 91-5.
9) V.S. Subrahamanyam, S. K. Das, B. Nandiganguly, A.Bhattacharya and A. De (1998) Positron annhilation study on g-irradiated cellulose acetate matrix, Polymer 39(6-7) 1507-08.
8) S. Aich, A. Bhattacharya and S. Basu (1997), Fluorescence Polarisation of N-Vinyl carbazole on cellulose acetate film and electron transfer with 1,4 dicyanobenzene, J. Rad. Phys. Chem. 50(4) 347-54.
7) V.S. Subrahamanyam, S. K. Das, B. Nandiganguly, A.Bhattacharya and A. De (1997) Effect of temperature on the synthesis of FeCl3 doped polypyrroles studied by Positron Annhilation Technique, Mat. Res. Bulletin 32(8) 1063-72.
6) A. Bhattacharya, K.M. Ganguly, A. De and S. Sarkar (1996) A new conducting nanocomposite PPY-Zirconium (IV) oxide. Mat. Res. Bulletin 31(5) 527-30.5) A. Bhattacharya and A. De (1996) Preparation and characterization of a new conducting polypyrrole composite based on styrene grafted TEFLON-FEP film, J. Polym. Mat. 13 297-303.
4) A. Bhattacharya, A. De and S. Das (1996) Electrochemical preparation and study of transport properties of polypyrrole doped with unsaturated organic sulphonates Polymer 37(19) 4375-82.
3) S. Basu, A. Bhattacharya, P. C. Mondal and S. N. Bhattacharyya (1994) Spectroscopic evidences for grafting of N-Vinyl carbazole on cellulose acetate matrix, J. Polym. Sc. Part A Polym. Chem. 32 2251-55.2) A.Bhattacharya, A. De, S. N. Bhattacharyya and S. Das (1994), Transport properties of FeCl3 doped polypyrroles at different dopant concentrations, J. Phys. Condens. Matter 6 10499-10507.
1) A. Bhattacharya, A. De and S. N. Bhattacharyya (1994) Preparation of polypyrrole composite with acrylic acid grafted Tetrafluroethylene- hexafluropropylene (TEFLON-FEP) film, Synth. Met. 65 35-38.
8) S. Gupta, A. Bhattacharya and C.N. Murthy, Tune to immobilize lipase on Polymer membranes: Techniques, Factors and Prospects- Biocatalysis and Agricultural Biotechnology 2(3) 171-190(2013).
7) R. Rangarajan (deceased), N. V. Desai, S. L. Daga, S.V.Joshi, A. Prakash Rao, V. J. Shah, J. J. Trivedi, C. V. Devmurari, K. Singh, P. S. Bapat, H. L. Raval, S. K. Jewrajka, N. K. Saha, A. Bhattacharya, P. S. Singh, Paramita Ray, G.S.Trivedi, N.Pathak and A. V. R. Reddy Thin film composite reverse osmosis membrane development and scale up at CSMCRI, Bhavnagar- Desalination (special issue)-water treatment in India- 282 (2011) 68-77.
6) A. Bhattacharya, Remediation of pesticides polluted waters through membranes (2006) Sep. Purif. Rev., 35 1-38.
5) A. Bhattacharya and B.N. Misra (2004), Grafting: A versatile means of Polymer modification Techniques, factors and applications, Prog. Polym. Sci. 29(8) 767-14.
4) A. Bhattacharya and P.Ghosh (2004) Nanofiltration and Reverse Osmosis membrane: Theory and application in separation of electrolytes, Rev. Chem. Eng. 20(1-2) 111-80.
3) A. Bhattacharya (2000), Radiation and Industrial Polymers, Prog. Polym. Sci. 25 371-401.
2) A . Bhattacharya and A. De (1999) Conducting polymers in solution-progress towards processability-Rev. Macromol. Phys. Chem. 39(1) 17-56.
1) A. Bhattacharya and A. De (1996) Conducting composites of Polypyrrole and Polyaniline- a review, Prog. Solid State Chem. 24(3).
1) J.M. Gohil, P. Ray and A. Bhattacharya (2005), Pesticides in water- alarm and encountering- Science and Culture 71(9-10) 348-50.
2) A. Bhattacharya and S.N. Bhattacharyya (2003), Conducting Polymer and its manifold uses, Phys. Teacher 43
3) S. Aich, T. Sengupta, A. Bhattacharya and S. Basu (2001) Spectroscopic studies of N-vinyl Carbazole grafted on cellulose acetate film: Photoinduced Electron transfer with magnetic field effect between grafted film and 1,4Dicyanobenzene, Selected topics in polymer science, S.K. Douli (Ed) published by Prof. Sukumar Maity Polymer Award Foundation, Kolkata, 32.
4) A. Bhattacharya, Osmosis and Reverse Osmosis: regulator of life (2001) Science and Culture 47-8.
5) A. Bhattacharya, Polymer towards bio-degradability (1999) Science and Culture 65(9-10) 315-17.
1) Yogesh and A. Bhattacharya, (2008) "Ringing to modify membranes: role of photo-irradiation" in the book "Current developments of radiation -induced graft in membranes"– published by Research Signpost editor: Tongwen Xu 81-100. (ISBN: 978-81-7895-352-6).
2) A. Bhattacharya and P. Ray, three Chapters in Polymer Grafting and crosslinking, published by Blackwell-Wiley (ISBN: 978-0-470-40465-2, December 2008)
Chapter I: Introduction,
Chapter II: Basic features and Techniques,
Chapter IV: Analytical Evidence and Future Directions
3) N. K. Saha and A. Bhattacharya, Membrane desalination: methods, cost, and technology (Nova Publisher) in the book Chapter 5: Desalination: methods cost and technology edited by Irena A. Urbonienė, (ISBN: 978-1-61668-909-4)
4) Shweta Singhal, D.C. Mukherjee and A. Bhattacharya, Chapter 6: Immobilization of Enzymes on Polypyrrole and potential applications (Nova Publisher) in the bookPolypyrrole: Properties, Performance and Applications Editors: Elena C. Mason and Allison P. Weber (ISBN: 978-1-61209-143-3)
5) R. Meena and A. Bhattacharya, Cellulose-Based Graft Copolymers: Structure and Chemistry in the book (Taylor and Francis) Grafting on Cellulosics - progress towards purpose
P.K. Ghosh, A.K. Siddhanta, K. Prasad, R. Meena and A. Bhattacharya (2006) US Patent 7,067,568 Process of preparation of biodegradable films from semi-refined kappa carragenan ( patent filed on Dec 3, 2004)
A method for immobilizing lipase on to microporous ultrafiltration polymer membrane - submitted (Reference No-0619/DEL/2009).
36) Paramita Manna and A. Bhattacharya (2014) Functionalized Polysulfone membranes and potential application regarding the organic water pollutant separation. Recent Developments in Chemical Science & Technology: Young Scientists' Meet (RDCST-2014)" sponsored by TEQUIP-II here at NIT Rourkela
35) Romil Mehta, Nirmal Saha, A. Bhattacharya (2014), Removal of Diuron from water by Low pressure Thin Film Composite Membranes Recent Developments in Chemical Science & Technology: Young Scientists' Meet (RDCST-2014)" sponsored by TEQUIP-II here at NIT Rourkela
34) Mayank Saxena, Amit Bhattacharya, Paramita Ray, Puyam S. Singh, Influence of hexane on the pore structure modification of polysulfone ultrafiltration membrane APA symposium, 2013.
33) Sadhana Devi, Lokesh Gandreti, Paramita Ray, Puyam S. Singh, Amit Bhattacharya and Kripal Singh Highly-porous hydrophobic PVDF membranes for effective desalination of seawater by vacuum membrane distillation APA symposium, 2013.
32) V. Polisetti, A. Bhattacharya, P.S. Singh, G. S. Trivedi and P. Ray, Exploration of indigenously developed nanofiltration membrane modules in the removal of pesticides International Conference on "Membranes and Applications"(ICMA 2013)
31) A. Bhattacharya (2013) Membrane Separation Science- an Introduction Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme-II Sponsored One week Short Term Training Programme on Advanced Materials, Characterization, Application of Materials Science and Engineering (AMCAME-2013) - Sardar Vallabhai National Institute of Technology, Surat. (Invited)
30) A. Bhattacharya (2013) Pesticide in water - Awareness and encounter by membranes Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme-II Sponsored One week Short Term Training Programme on Advanced Materials, Characterization, Application of Materials Science and Engineering (AMCAME-2013) - Sardar Vallabhai National Institute of Technology, Surat. (Invited)
29) Bhavik B Vyas, A. Bhattacharya, P. Ray (2013) Monitoring the Performance of Poly Vinyl Alcohol Nanofiltration Membranes by Varying the Support Membrane Topography-APA(2014)
28) B. B. Vyas, A. Bhattacharya, P. S. Singh and P. Ray (2013) Tailoring of ultrafiltration membrane morphology: Effects of different membrane preparation parameters International Conference on Advancements in Polymeric Materials at CIPET, Lucknow.
27) Moyank Saxena, Anjali Devi and A. Bhattacharya (2012), Removal of Atrazine from Water by Low Pressure Thin Film Composite Membranes- Recent trends in Polymeric Smart and nanomaterials at CIPET, Lucknow.
26) Kripal Singh, S.Gupta, Amit Bhattacharya & Rajesh Joshi (2012) Immobilization of Lipase on Polysulfone Membrane by Membrane Permeation Technique Ultrafiltration: Effect of Process Parameters on Immobilization at National Symposium on Green Chemistry & Technology for Sustainable Development NSGC-2012, Vallabh Vidyanagar, Gujarat
25) Moyank Saxena, Anjali Devi and A. Bhattacharya (2012), Removal of atrazine from water by low pressure reverse osmosis membranes- at APM-2012, Ahmedabad.
24) Yogesh and A. Bhattacharya (2010), invited talk on "Surfactant enhanced filtration performances of thin film composite membrane for removal of pesticides – at International Conference on Recent Trends in Material Science and Technology, Trivandrum.
23) A. Bhattacharya (2010) Remediation of pesticide polluted water through membranes CSIR-CSIRO workshop, Bhavnagar, Gujarat.
22) Yogesh, A. Bhattacharya, Payal Mehta, Neelam Ramaiya,J. Ghosh(2009) Effects of PLASMA Irradiation on Asymmetric Polysulfone membrane- 24th National Symposium on Plasma Science and Technology, Hamirpur.
21) Yogesh, D. Dutta, S. Chatterjee, B. N. Ganguly and A. Bhattacharya (2009), Microstructural Study of crosslinked Polyamide Membrane materials-XVth International conference on Positron Annhilation (ICPA-15).
20) Yogesh and A. Bhattacharya (2008), Separation of Rose pigments through photo-modified membranes: a novel approach, Asian Polymer Association International Conference on Advances in Polymer Science & Technology IIT, New Delhi.
19) S. Gupta, S. Javiya, K. Singh and A. Bhattacharya (2007), Lipase immobilized biocatalytic membrane for modifying oils and fats, 8th International conference on catalysis in membrane reactors, Central Glass Ceramic Research Institute, Kolkata
18) S. Gupta, K. Singh, and A. Bhattacharya (2007) "Lipase immobilized on asymmetric polysulfone and polyether sulfone membranes: Characterization and performances in olive oil hydrolysis, 44th Annual convention of Chemists, M. G. Institute of Applied Sciences, Jaipur.
17) S. Gupta, S. Javiya, K. Singh and A. Bhattacharya, (2007) Studies on immobilization of lipase from Candida cylindracea on asymmetric polymeric membranes.5th annual Conference of Biotechnology Society of India, at CDRI, Lucknow. Advances and Strategies in Biotechnology: A Global Perspective.
16) S. Gupta, S. Mishra, K. Singh and A. Bhattacharya, (2007) Immobilization of lipase on asymmetric membranes: Performance in hydrolytic activities for olive oil. Role of communication and information technology in the development of science and technology, at Bhavnagar University, Bhavnagar.
15) S. Javiya, K. Singh, and A. Bhattacharya (2007) "Influence of Polyethylene glycol in gelation bath in preparation of asymmetric polysulfone membranes, 44th Annual convention of Chemists, M. G. Institute of Applied Sciences, Jaipur.
14) Yogesh, A. Bhattacharya (2007) Photo-modification of membranes, preparation, characterization and their performances studies 9th DST sponsored national workshop on immobilized enzyme technology for sensors M.D. University, Rohtak.
13) S. Gupta, S. Javiya, K. Singh, C.S. Pundir and A. Bhattacharya (2007) "Studies on immobilization of Lipase from Candida Cylindracea on asymmetric polymeric membranes" Advances and Strategies in Biotechnology: A global Perspective, 5th Annual conference of Biotechnology Society of India
12) Yogesh, P. Paul, S. Basu, A. Bhattacharya (2006), Functionalized Polysulfone membranes: Characterization and their separation performances, 43rd Annual convention of chemists, B. A. M. University, Aurangabad.
11) J. M. Gohil, A. Bhattacharya and P. Ray (2005), "Studies on the interrelation between the surface tension of the gelation medium and surfactant concentration in the synthesis of asymmetric membrane" "National seminar on polymers, surfactants and gels" held on March 11-13, at M.S. University, Vadodara.
10) J. M. Gohil, P. Ray, A. Das and A. Bhattacharya, (2005) "Studies of g-irradiated Poly(vinyl alcohol) film : Thermal and Morphological aspect " International Conference on Advances in Polymer Blends, IPNS and Gels: Macro to Nano Scales " held on March 21-23, at M.G. University, Kottayam, Kerala.
9) J. M. Gohil, A. Bhattacharya and P. Ray (2003) Effect polymeric surface active agent in the phase inversion step of asymmetric membrane preparation, National Conference on surfactants, Emulsions and biocolloids, 11-13 December, 2003 at UDCT, Mumbai.
8) A. Bhattacharya, A. De and P.C. Mondal (1997), Carbonate radical induced polymerization of pyrrole: A steady state and Flash Photolysis study, 34th Annual convention of Chemists
7) A. Bhattacharya and A. De (1997), Conducting composites of Polypyrrole and Polyaniline, Short-term course on soft condensed Matter
6) A. Bhattacharya and A. De (1996), Preparation and characterization of conducting Polypyrrole- Zirconium (IV) oxide, 33rd Annual convention of Chemists
5) S. Aich, A. Bhattacharya and S. Basu (1995), Fluorescence polarization and excited state electron transfer reactions with N-vinyl carbazole grafted film, National Symposium on Radiation and Photosciences.
4) S. Basu, A. Bhattacharya, P.C. Mondal and S.N. Bhattacharyya (1995) Spectroscopic Evidences for grafting of N-vinyl carbazole on Cellulose acetate film, Trombay Symposium on Radiation and Photochemistry
3) A. Bhattacharya and A. De (1994), Electrochemical preparation of Polypyrrole films using organic unsaturated organic sulphonates as counter ions, 31st Annual convention of chemists
2) A. Bhattacharya, A. De and S. N. Bhattacharyya (1994), Preparation of New composite: TEFLON-FEP-g-styrene-Polypyrrole, 31st Annual convention of chemists.
1) A. Bhattacharya, A. De and S.N. Bhattacharyya (1994), Preparation of Polypyrrole composite with radiation induced grafted co-polymer, Trombay Symposium on Radiation and Photochemistry.
Acknowledgement received In
Arvind Kumar, V.P. Mohandas and P.K. Ghosh, Experimental Surface tensions and Derived Surface Properties of Binary Mixtures of Water + Alkoxy ethanols (C1Em, m) 1,2,3 and water + Ethylene Glycol Dimethyl Ether (C1E1C1) at (298.15,308.15, and 318.15)Kt, J. Chem. Eng. Data 2003, 48, 1318-1322
To be continued
Characterization and performance evaluation of the membranes
Physical chemistry;Polymer chemistry & physics