Dr. Kamalesh Prasad
Dr. Kamalesh Prasad
Senior Principal Scientist
6280 / 2567760
List of Publications ( publications = 74 ; h-index= 21, i-10 index = 39)
 On the properties of agar gel containing ionic and nonionic surfactants. Kamalesh Prasad., Siddhanta, A. K., Rakshit, A. K., Bhattacharya, Amit and Ghosh, Pushpito K. Int. J. Biol. Macromol. 2005, 35, 135-144.
 Physical modification of agar: Formation of agar-fatty acid complexes. Kamalesh Prasad., Trivedi, Keyur., Meena Ramavatar and Siddhanta, A.K.* Polymer Journal. 2005, 37, 826-832.
 Surface tension and fluorescence studies of polysaccharide-surfactant solutions: Agar-CTAB Kamalesh Prasad*., Trivedi, Keyur., Siddhanta, A.K. and Bhattacharya, Amit. Indian Journal of Chemistry, Section A 2005, 44 A, 2445-2449.
. Synthesis of Carrageenan- graft-PAAm : Evaluation of its adhesive and absorbent properties. Meena, Ramavatar., Kamalesh Prasad and Siddhanta, A.K. J Appl polym Sci, 2006, 102, 5144-5153.
. Studies on ‘sugar reactivity’ of agars extracted from some Indian agarophytes. Meena, Ramavatar., Kamalesh Prasad and Siddhanta, A.K,* Food Hydrocolloids, 2006, 20, 1206-1215.
. Superior quality agar from Gelidiella acerosa of the west coast of India: An evaluation. Kamalesh Prasad., Goswami, A.M., Meena, Ramavatar., Ramavat, B.K and Siddhanta. A.K.* Indian J of Marine Sci, 2006, 35, 268-274.
. Kamalesh Prasad* Chemical and Rheological studies on Seaweed Polysaccharides (PhD thesis summary). Appl. Rheol. 2006, 16, 32-34.
. Hydrogel forming agar-graft-PVP and carrageenan-graft-PVP blends: Rapid synthesis and characterization. Kamalesh Prasad., Mehta, Gaurav., Meena, Ramavatar and Siddhanta, A.K. J Appl polym Sci, 2006, 102, 3654-3663.
. Microwave induced rapid one pot synthesis of k-carrageenan-graft-PMMA using potassium persulphate as initiating system. Kamalesh Prasad., Meena, Ramavatar and A.K Siddhanta, J Appl polym Sci, 2006, 101, 161-166.
. Intermolecular complexation and phase separation in aqueous solutions of oppositely charged biopolymers. Singh, S. Santinath, Siddhanta, A. K., Meena Ramavatar, Kamalesh Prasad, Bandyopadhyay, S and H. B. Bohidar. Int. J. Biol. Macromol 2007, 41, 185-192.
. Preparation, characterization and benchmarking of agarose from Gracilaria dura of Indian waters Meena, Ramavatar; Siddhanta, A.K, Kamalesh Prasad, Ramavat, B.K.; Eswaran; K. Thiruppathi, Ganesan, M. A. Mantri, Vaibhav and Subba Rao. P V. Carbohydrate Polymers 2007, 69, 179-188.
. Effect of genipin, a naturally occurring crosslinker on the properties of kappa-carrageenan. Meena, Ramavatar., Kamalesh Prasad and Siddhanta, A.K. Int. J. Biol. Macromol. 2007, 41, 94-101.
. Preparation of Genipin fixed agarose hydrogel. Meena, Ramavatar., Kamalesh Prasad and Siddhanta, A.K. J Appl polym Sci, 2007, 107, 290-296.
. Agars of Gelidiella acerosa of west and southeast coasts of India. Kamalesh Prasad., Siddhanta, A. K., Ganesan, M. Ramavat, B K. Jha, B and Ghosh, P. K. Bioresource Technology, 2007, 98, 1907-1915.
 Development of a robust hydrogel system based on agar and sodium alginate blend. Meena, Ramavatar., Mahesh Chatbar, Kamalesh Prasad and Siddhanta, A.K. Polymer International, 2008, 57, 329-336.
 Preparation of superior quality products from two Indian agarophytes. Meena, Ramavatar, Kamalesh Prasad, Ganesan, M., Siddhanta, A.K.* J Appl. Phycology 2008, 20, 397- 402.
 A new approach to functionalize agar and kappa carrageenan based thin films with improved barrier properties. Kamalesh Prasad*, Meena, Ramavatar and A.K Siddhanta. J Polym Mat, 2008, 25, 373-380.
 Facile solvent free synthesis of polymerized sucrose functionalized polyoxyethylene (23) lauryl ether by microwave irradiation. Kamalesh Prasad*, P. Bahadur, Ramavatar Meena and A.K Siddhanta. Green Chemistry 2008, 10, 1288-1293.
 Induction of PMMA functionality to the polysaccharide from Chaetomorpha antennina. Gayatri Prasad, Kamalesh Prasad,* Ramavatar Meena, B K Ramavat and A K Siddhanta.* J Mat. Sci.2009, 44, 4062-4068.
 Weak Gel of Chitin with Ionic Liquid, 1-Allyl-3-methylimidazolium Bromide. Kamalesh Prasad, Masa-aki Murakami, Yoshiro Kaneko, Akihiko Takada, Yoshifumi Nakamura, and Jun-ichi Kadokawa, Int. J Biol. Macromol. 2009, 45, 221-225.
. Microwave assisted rapid method for hydrolysis of sodium alginate for M/G ratio determination. Mahesh Chhatbar, Ramavatar Meena, Kamalesh Prasad and A. K. Siddhanta. Carbohydr. Polym. 2009, 76, 650-656.
. Agar/sodium alginate-graft-polyacrylonitrile, a stable hydrogel system. Mahesh U Chhatbar, Ramavatar Meena, Kamalesh Prasad and A.K. Siddhanta*, Indian Journal of Chemistry, Section A: 2009, 46A, 1085-1090.
. Profiling of cellulose content in Indian seaweed species. A K Siddhanta,* Kamalesh Prasad, Ramavatar Meena, Gayatri Prasad, Gaurav K Mehta, Mahesh U Chhatbar, Mihir D Oza, Sanjay Kumar, Naresh Sanandia. Bioresource Technology. 2009, 100, 6669-6673.
. Development of a stable hydrogel network based on agar-kappa carrageenan blend cross-linked with genipin. Meena, Ramavatar, Kamalesh Prasad, Siddhanta, A.K,* Food Hydrocolloids 2009, 23, 497-509.
. Preparation of temperature-induced shapeable film material from guar gum-based gel with an ionic liquid Kamalesh Prasad, Hironori Izawa, Yoshiro Kaneko, and Jun-ichi Kadokawa. J. Mat. Chem., 2009, 19, 4088–4090.
. Novel Gelling Systems of k-, i-, and l-Carrageenans and Their Composite Gels with Cellulose Using Ionic Liquid. Kamalesh Prasad, Yoshiro Kaneko and Jun-ichi Kadokawa. Macromolecular Bioscience 2009, 9, 376-382.
. Formation and Growth of Micelles in Dilute Aqueous CTAB Solutions in the presence of NaNO3 and NaClO3.. K Kuperkar, L Abezgauz, D Danino, Kamlesh Prasad, P.A. Hassan and P Bahadur. J Surfact Deterg 2010, 13, 293-303.
. Preparation of galactans from Gracilaria debilis and Gracilaria salicornia. Gaurav K Mehta, Ramavatar Meena, Kamalesh Prasad, M Ganesan, A K Siddhanta.* J Appl. Phycology. 2010, 22 ,623–627.
.Functional modification of agarose: A facile synthesis of a fluorescent agarose-guanine derivative. Mihir D Oza, Ramavatar Meena, Kamalesh Prasad, P Paul and A K Siddhanta,* Carbohydr. Polym. 2010, 81, 878-884.
. Preparation of guar gum-based functional materials using ionic liquid. Shozaburo Mine, Kamalesh Prasad, Hironori Izawa, Kouhei Sonoda and Jun-ichi Kadokawa. J. Mat. Chem. 2010, 20, 9220-9225.
. Preparation of robust composite materials composed of i-carrageenan and polymeric ionic liquids. Kamalesh Prasad and Jun-ichi Kadokawa.* Polymer Composites. 2010, 31, 799-806.
. Preparation of cellulose-based ionic porous material compatibilized with polymeric ionic liquid. Kamalesh Prasad, Shozaburo Mine, Yoshiro Kaneko, Jun-ichi Kadokawa. Polymer Bulletin, 2010, 64, 341-349.
. Cellulose of Salicornia brachiata. Naresh Sanandiya, Kamalesh Prasad*, Ramavatar Meena and A. K. Siddhanta.* Natural Product Communications 2010, 5, 603-606.
 Detection and quantification of some plant growth regulators in a seaweed-based foliar spray employing a mass spectrometric technique sans chromatographic separation. Kamalesh Prasad*, Arun K. Das, Mihir D. Oza, Harshad Brahmbhatt, Arup K. Siddhanta, Ramavatar Meena, K. Eswaran, M.R Rajyaguru and Pushpito K. Ghosh. J Agr. Food Chem.2010, 58 (8), 4594–4601.
 The chemical investigation of Indian Champia species.Sanjay Kumar, Kamalesh Prasad, Ramavtar Meena and Arup K Siddhanta.* J Carbohydr. Chem. 2011, 30, 47-60.
. Partial characterization of sulfohydrolase from Gracilaria dura and evaluation of its potential application in improvement of the agar quality. M.K Shukla, Manoj Kumar, Kamalesh Prasad, C R K Reddy and Bhavanath Jha. Carbohydr. Polym. 2011, 85,157-163.
 Preparation of chitin nanowhiskers using an ionic liquid and their composite materials with poly (vinyl alcohol) Jun-ichi Kadokawa,* Akihiko Takegawa, Shozaburo Mine, Kamalesh Prasad. Carbohydr. Polym. 2011, 84, 1408-1412.
. Chemical Investigation of Carrageenan from the Red alga Sarconema filiforme (Gigartinales, Rhodophyta) of Indian Waters. Sanjay Kumar, Gaurav K Mehta, Kamalesh Prasad, Ramavtar Meena and Arup K Siddhanta.* Natural Product Communications 2011, 6,1327-32.
. Microwave assisted facile synthesis of water soluble fluorescent alginic acid derivatives. Mahesh U. Chhatbar, Ramavatar Meena, Kamalesh Prasad, Dharmesh R. Chejara and A. K. Siddhanta.*Carbohydr. Res. 2011, 346, 527-533.
 The cellulose contents of Indian seaweeds. A K Siddhanta, Mahesh U Chhatbar · Gaurav K Mehta · Naresh D Sanandiya · Sanjay Kumar · Mihir D Oza · Kamalesh Prasad· Ramavatar Meena. J Appl. Phycol. 2011, 23, 919-923.
 Microwave assisted synthesis of pH-responsive swellable adducts of chitosan-polyuronic acids. Ramavatar Meena, Mahesh U Chhatbar, Kamalesh Prasad, A. K. Siddhanta. Carbohydr. Polym. 2011, 83, 1402-1407.
. Purification and characterization of an extracellular polyM-G lyase from marine fungus isolated from brown seaweed.. Ravindra Pal Singh, Vishal Gupta, Manoj Kumar, Puja Kumari, Kamalesh Prasad, C R K Reddy and Bhavanath Jha. J Appl. Phycol.,2011, 23,755-762.
 Preparation of superior quality products from Indian agarophytes. Meena, Ramavatar, Kamalesh Prasad, Ganesan, M., Siddhanta, A.K.* J Appl. Phycology 2011, 23, 183-189.
. One-pot synthesis of fluorescent polysaccharides: Adenine grafted agarose and carrageenan. Mihir Oza, Kamalesh Prasad, A.K Siddhanta. CarbohydrateResearch 2012, 357, 23–31.
. Non-ionic surfactant mediated preparation of ?-carrageenan/calcium carbonate biocomposite. Sanjay Kumar, Kamalesh Prasad*, A.K. Siddhanta*. Indian J Chem A. 2012, 51A, 1085-1089.
. Synthesis of sodium alginate based sprayable new soft gel system. Mahesh U Chattbar, Kamalesh Prasad*, Dharmesh R Chejara, A.K.Siddhanta.* Soft Matter 2012, 8, 1837-1844.
 Self-assembly of model graft copolymers of agarose and weak polyelectrolyte-based amphiphilic diblock copolymers: controlled drug delivery and degradation. R. Muppalla, S. Jewrajka,* Kamalesh Prasad. J Biomed. Mat. Res. Part A 2013, 101,1637-50.
 Fuel intermediates, agricultural nutrients and pure water from Kappaphycus alvarezii seaweed.. Dibyendu Mondal, Mukesh Sharma, Pratyush Maiti, Kamalesh Prasad, Ramavatar Meena, Arup K. Siddhanta, Pragnya Bhatt, Arup Ghosh, K. Eswaran, Bharti G. Shah and Pushpito K. Ghosh *. RSC-Advances 2013, 3, 17989-17997.
 Studies on the structure-property relationship of sodium alginate based thixotropic hydrogels. Dharmesh R. Chejara, Stalin Kondaveeti, Kamalesh Prasad* and A. K. Siddhanta*. RSC-Advances 2013, 3,15744-15751.
 Functional modification of agarose: A facile synthesis of a fluorescent agarose-tryptophan based hydrogel. Stalin Kondaveeti, Kamalesh Prasad*, A. K. Siddhanta.* Carbohydrate Polymers 2013, 97,165-171.
 Dissolution of alpha-chitin in deep eutectic solvents.. Mukesh Sharma, Chandrakant Mukesh, Dibyendu Mondal, and Kamalesh Prasad * RSC Advances., 2013, 3, 18149 – 18155.
Self-healing guar gum and guar gum-multiwalled carbon nanotubes nanocomposite gels prepared in an ionic liquid. Mukesh Sharma, Dibyendu Mondal, Chandrakant Mukesh and Kamalesh Prasad* Carbohydrate Polymers. 2013, 98, 1025-1030.
 Solvent responsive healing of guar gum gel prepared in an ionic liquid. Mukesh Sharma, Dibyendu Mondal, Chandrakant Mukesh and Kamalesh Prasad* RSC Advances., 2013, 3, 16509 – 16515.
 Improved solubility of DNA in recyclable and reusable bio-based deep eutectic solvents with long-term structural and chemical stability. Dibyendu Mondal, Mukesh Sharma, Chandrakant Mukesh, Vishal Gupta and Kamalesh Prasad* Chemical Communications 2013, 49, 9606-9608.
 Rapid dissolution of DNA in a novel bio-based ionic liquid with long-term structural and chemical stability: successful recycling of the ionic liquid for reuse in the process. Chandrakant Mukesh, Dibyendu Mondal, Mukesh Sharma & Kamalesh Prasad*. Chemical Communications, 2013, 49, 6849 – 6851.
 Surfactant-induced coagulation of agarose from aqueous extract of Gracilaria dura seaweed as an energy-efficient alternative to the conventional freeze–thaw process. Ramavatar Meena,*Jai Prakash Chaudhary, Pradeep K. Agarwal, Pratyush Maiti, Shruti Chatterjee, Hiren D. Raval, Parinita Agarwal, Arup K. Siddhanta, Kamalesh Prasad and Pushpito K. Ghosh* RSC Adv., 2014, 4 (53), 28093 – 28098.
 Preparation and functional evaluation of agarose derivatives. J.P Chaudhary, Vishal Gupta, Kamalesh Prasad, R. Meena* Journal of Applied Polymer Science 2014, 131, 40630-40640.
 Agarose based multifunctional materials: Evaluation of thixotropy, self-healability and stretchability. J.P Chaudhary, Kamalesh Prasad, R. Meena*. Carbohydrate Polymers, 2014, 114, 306-311.
 Preparation of tamarind gum based soft ion gels having thixotropic properties. Mukesh Sharma, Dibyendu Mondal, Chandrakant Mukesh and Kamalesh Prasad* Carbohydrate Polymers 2014, 102, 467-471.
 Choline Chloride-thiourea, a deep eutectic solvent for the production of chitin nanofibers. Chandrakant Mukesh, Dibyendu Mondal, Mukesh Sharma & Kamalesh Prasad* Carbohydrate Polymers 2014, 103, 466-471.
 Selective binding of trans-zeatin present in Kappaphycus alvarezii sap using an ionic liquid. Arun Kumar Das, Nidhi Bhatt and Kamalesh Prasad * Current Science, 2014, 106, 1409-1413.
 A facile approach to prepare dual functionalized DNA based material in a bio- deep eutectic solvent. Dibyendu Mondal, Jitkumar Bhatt, Mukesh Sharma, Shruti Chatterjee, Kamalesh Prasad*. Chemical Communications, 2014, 50, 3989-3992.
 Simultaneous dehydration of biomass derived sugars to 5-hydroxymethyl furfural (HMF) and reduction of graphene oxide in ethyl lactate : One pot dual chemistry. Dibyendu Mondal, Jai Prakash Chaudhary, Mukesh Sharma, Kamalesh Prasad*. RSC-Advances. 2014, 4, 29834-29839.
 Polymerizable bio-ionic liquid based nanogel : A new nanocarrier for an anticancer drug. Chandrakant Mukesh, Jitkumar Bhatt, Kamalesh Prasad*. Macromol. Chem. Phys. 2014, 215, 1498-1504.
 Studies on the effect of bio-ionic liquid structures on the spontaneous reduction and dispersion stability of graphene oxide in aqueous media : Mukesh Sharma, Dibyendu Mondal, Chandrakant Mukesh and Kamalesh Prasad * RSC Adv., 2014, 4 (79), 42197 – 42201.
 Production of partially reduced graphene oxide nanosheets using a seaweed sap: Mukesh Sharma, Dibyendu Mondal, Arun K Das and Kamalesh Prasad * RSC Adv., 2014, 4, 64583-64588.
 Fundamental studies on the feasibility of deep eutectic solvents for the selective partition of glaucarubinone present in the roots of Simarouba glauca. Faisal Kholiya, Nidhi Bhatt, M.R. Rathod, R. Meena and Kamalesh Prasad.* Journal of Separation Science, 2015, in Press. DOI: 10.1002/jssc.201500470.
 Preparation of bio-deep eutectic solvent triggered antibacterial silver chloride-DNA hybrid material having cephalopod like architecture. Jitkumar Bhatt, Dibyendu Mondal, Gopal Bhojani and Kamalesh Prasad*, Material Science & Engineering C, 2015, 56, 125-131.
 Elimination of gibberellin from Kappaphycus alvarezii seaweed sap foliar spray enhances corn stover production without compromising the grain yield advantage. D. Mondal, Arup Ghosh*, Kamalesh Prasad, Nidhi Bhatt, Sanam Singh, P.K. Ghosh*. Plant Growth Regulation, 2015, 75, 657-666.
 Formation of multiple structural formats of DNA in a bio-deep eutectic solvent. Chandrakant Mukesh and Kamalesh Prasad *. Macromolecular Chemistry & Physics. 2015. 216, 1061-1066.
 A green and sustainable approach to utilize bio-ionic liquids for the selective precipitation of high purity agarose from an agarophyte extract. Mukesh Sharma, Jai Prakash Chaudhary, Dibyendu Mondal, Ramavatar Meena * and Kamalesh Prasad*Green Chem., 2015,17, 2867-2873
 High concentration DNA solubility in bio-ionic liquids with long-lasting chemical and structural stability at room temperature. Mukesh Sharma, Dibyendu Mondal, Nripat Singh, Jitkumar Bhatt and Kamalesh Prasad * RSC Advances, 2015, 5, 40546 - 40551.
 Sustainable processing and synthesis of non-toxic and antibacterial magnetic nanocomposite from spider silk in neoteric solvents. Nripat Singh, Dibyendu Mondal, Mukesh Sharma, Ranjitsinh V. Devkar, Sonam Dubey & Kamalesh Prasad*. ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering, 2015, DOI: 10.1021/ acssuschemeng.5b00810.
 Extraction of plant growth regulators present in Kappaphycus alvarezii sap by imidazolium based ionic liquids: Detection and quantification by HPLC–DAD technique. Arun Kumar Das and Kamalesh Prasad*. Analytical Methods, 2015, DOI: 10.1039/C5AY02210J
Patent applications granted/filed
1. Integrated method for production of carrageenan and liquid fertilizer from fresh seaweeds. K. Eswaran, P K. Ghosh, A K. Siddhanta, S. Patolia, C. Periyasamy, A S. Mehta, K H. Mody, B K. Ramavat, Kamalesh Prasad, M R. Rajyaguru, S. Kulandaivel, C R K. Reddy, J B. Pandya, A. Tewari.
2. Cost-effective process for preparing agarose from Gracilaria spp. Arup Kumar Siddhanta, Ramavatar Meena, Kamalesh Prasad, Bharatkumar Kalidas Ramavat, Pushpito Kumar Ghosh, Karuppanan Eswaran, Sangaiya Thiruppathi, Vaibhav Ajit Mantri.
3. A process for the preparation of biodegradable semirefined kappa carrageenan Based Films. Pushpito Kumar Ghosh, Arup Kumar Siddhanta, Kamalesh Prasad, Ramavatar Meena, Amit Bhattacharya.
4. An improved process for the extraction of agarose polymer from seaweed extractive. Ramavatar Meena, Kamalesh Prasad, Arup Kumar Siddhanta, Pushpito Kumar Ghosh, Gaurav Mehta, Bhartkumar Kalidas Ramavat, Meenakshi Sundaram Ganesan, Bhavanath Jha, Avinash Mishra, Mahesh Ramniklal Gandhi, Pradeep Kumar Agarwal, Karuppanan Eswaran.
5. Process for improved seaweed biomass conversion for fuel intermediates and fertilizer. Pushpito Kumar Ghosh, Dibyendu Mondal, Kamalesh Prasad, A.K. Siddhanta.
6. Preparation of guar gum and multiwalled carbon nanotubes based self healable ionic gel materials having adhesive properties. Kamalesh Prasad, Mukesh Sharma, Dibyendu Mondal, Chandra Kant Mukesh, Ramavatar Meena.
7. Preparation of multifunctional hydrophobic ropes from kappa carrageenan. Ramavatar Meena, Pushpito Kumar Ghosh, Dharmesh R Chejara, K Eswaran, Kamalesh Prasad.
8. Kappaphycus alvarezii sap free of gibberellic acid (GA3) and its method of preparation. Pushpito K Ghosh, Dibyendu Mondal, Arup Ghosh, Kamalesh Prasad and S.T Zopdape
9. A systemic approach to valorize seaweed biomass for a spectrum of bioproducts. Chennur Radhakrishna Reddy, Ravi Singh Baghel, Nitin Trivedi, Puja Kumari, Vishal Gupta, Kamalesh Prasad, Ramavatar Meena. Provisional patent application filed. 3811/DL/2013
10. A Novel Process For Sustainable Desalination Of Brackish And Sea Water Through Forward Osmosis (Fo) Using Environmentally Benign Solvents As Draw Solution With And Without Dispersed Magnetic Nanoparticles : AVR Reddy, S.K. Nataraj, Kamalesh Prasad, Dibyendu Mondal, P. Veera Babu and Jitkumar Bhatt. Provisional patent application filed No. 2356DEL2014 dated 20/08/2014
11. A Novel Method for the Production of Graphene Sheets With Tunable Functionalities From Seaweeds Using Deep Eutectic Solvents. Kamalesh Prasad, Mukesh Sharma, Dibyendu Mondal, Arka Saha and Nripat Singh Provisional patent application filed. 1520DEL2015, Filed on 27/05/2015
12. A scalable process for liquid phase exfoliation of graphite to graphene using biomass derived solvents. Kamalesh Prasad, Mukesh Sharma, Dibyendu Mondal, Jitkumar Bhatt and Nripat Singh. Provisional patent application filed. April. 2015
Book Chapters & Review articles
1. Kamalesh Prasad *and Jitkumar Bhatt. Rheology of polysaccharide iongels prepared in ionic liquids in “Rheology : Principles, applications and environmental impacts” by NOVA Science Publishers, USA (Ed. Evgeny Karpushkin. 2015. Chapter 7, pp 175-190
2. Kamalesh Prasad * & A.K. Siddhanta. An account of commercially important polysaccharide derivatives and their industrial applications. In “Green Polymer Composites Technology: Properties and Applications” [Ed Inamuddin Siddiqui]. CRC Press. 2015. In Press
3. Kamalesh Prasad and Jun-ichi Kadokawa. Alginate-based blends and nano/micro-beads. 2009. Alginates: Biology & Applications ( Ed. Rehm, Bernd H.A) Microbiology Monographs, Series Editor A. Steinbuchel. Publisher: Springer. Berlin / Heidelberg, Vol 13, pp 175-210.
4. Kamalesh Prasad and Jun-ichi Kadokawa, Preparations of novel gel materials composed of polysaccharides with an ionic liquid. Cellulose Communications, 2009, Vol.16, pp. 106-112.
5. Siddhanta, A. K. Meena, Ramavatar., Kamalesh Prasad and A Sai Krishna Murthy “ Seaweed Polysaccharides, their Bioactivity and value addition-The Indian Perspective” Monograph on “Recent Advances on Applied Aspects of Indian Marine Algae with reference to Global Scenario”, Vol. 2 (A Tewari, Ed.),2006 ; pp.229-243.(ISBN 81-903956-1-0), Publisher : National Institute for science and communication ( NISCOM, CSIR, New Delhi).
6. A.K. Siddhanta, R. Meena, G. Prasad, M.U Chhatbar, G. K Mehta, M. D Oza, S. Kumar and Kamalesh Prasad, Development of carbohydrate polymer based new hydrogel materials derived from seaweed polysaccharides, In : Carbohydrate Polymers: Development, Properties and Applications" Nova Science Publishers, Inc.; 400 Oser Avenue, Suite 1600; Hauppauge, NY 11788 (Ed. Ryouichi Ito and Youta Matsuo). pp. 555-582, 2010
Awards & Fellowships
CSIR (Council of Scientific & Industrial Research)-Young Scientist Award- 2010 in Chemical Sciences.
Top Reviewer in 2007-2009 of the peer reviewed Journal “ Food Hydrocolloids (Elsevier Science)
Member of Royal Society of Chemistry, Cambridge, U.K (MRSC)
INOUE Research Fellowship-Japan Invited Professorship : Institut National Des Sciences Appliquees (INSA)-Lyon, CNRS, France
Broad area: Chemical Sciences Sub area: Natural biopolymers, Ionic liquids/ deep eutectic solvents, Sustainable chemistry, Preparation of New and advanced bio-based materials, graphene, gels & Natural product chemistry
Natural polymers based sustainable new and advanced materials.