Dr. Sukalyan Bhadra
M.Sc.: University of Calcutta Ph.D.: Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science
Dr. Sukalyan Bhadra
Personal Webpage: https://sukalyanbhadracsmcri.wixsite.com/home
7080 / 2567760
29. J. Kumar, A. Rahaman, A. K. Singh, S. Bhadra* Catalytic approaches for the direct heterofunctionalization of aliphatic carboxylic acids and their equivalents with group16 elements, Chem. Asian J. 2020, 15, 673–689.
28. A. Gupta, A. Rahaman, S. Bhadra,* Direct α‑chalcogenation of aliphatic carboxylic acid equivalents, Org. Lett. 2019, 21, 6164−6168.
27. J. Kumar, A. Gupta, S. Bhadra,* PdII-Catalyzed methoxylation of C(sp3)–H bonds adjacent to benzoxazoles and benzothiazoles, Org. Biomol. Chem. 2019, 17, 3314–3318.
26. A. Gupta, J. Kumar, S. Bhadra,* Chelation-assisted de-aryloxylative amination of 2-aryloxy quinolines: a new synthetic route to a key fragment of a bioactive PRMT5 inhibitor, Org. Biomol. Chem. 2018, 16, 3716–3720.
25. S. Bhadra,* H. Yamamoto,* Substrate directed asymmetric reactions, Chem. Rev. 2018, 118, 3391−3446.
2016 and Earlier
24. S. Bhadra,* H. Yamamoto,* Catalytic asymmetric synthesis of N-chiral amine oxides, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2016, 55, 13043–13046 (Highlighted in Synfacts 2016, 12, 1282–1282).
23. S. Bhadra,* M. Akakura, H. Yamamoto,* Design of a new bimetallic catalyst for asymmetricepoxidation and Sulfoxidation, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2015, 137, 15612–15615 (Highlighted in Synfacts 2016, 12, 0272–0272).
22. S. Bhadra, C. Matheis, D. Katayev, L. J. Goossen,* Copper-catalyzed dehydrogenative coupling of arenes and alcohols, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2013, 52, 9279–9283 (Selected as ‘Hot Paper’).
21. S. Bhadra, W. I. Dzik, L. J. Goossen,* Synthesis of aryl ethers from benzoates via carboxylate- directed C–H activating alkoxylation with concomitant protodecarboxylation, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2013, 52, 2959–2962 (Selected as ‘Hot Paper’).
20. S. Bhadra, W. I. Dzik, L. J. Goossen,* Synthesis of aryl ethers from aromatic carboxylic acids, Synthesis, 2013, 45, 2387–2390.
19. S. Bhadra, W. I. Dzik, L. J. Goossen,* Decarboxylative etherification of aromatic carboxylic acids, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2012, 134, 9938–9941 (7th most downloaded paper; Highlighted in Synfacts, 2012, 8, 0001–0001).
18. D. Kundu, S. Bhadra, N. Mukherjee, B. C. Ranu,* Heterogeneous Cu(II) catalyzed solvent controlled selective N-arylation of cyclic amides and amines with bromo-iodoarenes, Chem. Eur. J. 2013, 19, 15759–15768.
17. N. Mukherjee, S. Ahammed, S. Bhadra, B. C. Ranu,* Solvent-free one-pot synthesis of 1,2,3- triazole derivatives by ‘Click’ reaction of alkyl halides or aryl boronic acids, sodium azide and terminal alkynes over Cu/Al2O3 surface under ball-milling, Green Chem. 2013, 15, 389–397.
16. S. Ahammed, S. Bhadra, D. Kundu, B. Sreedhar, B. C. Ranu,* An efficient and general procedure for the synthesis of alkynyl chalcogenides (selenides and tellurides) by alumina- supported Cu(II)-catalyzed reaction of alkynyl bromides and diphenyl dichalcogenides, Tetrahedron 2012, 68, 10542–10549.
15. S. Bhadra, S. Ahammed, B. C. Ranu,* Iron nanoparticles-catalyzed electrophilic amination of functionalized organocopper and organozinc reagents, Curr. Org. Chem. 2012, 11, 1453–1460.
14. T. Chatterjee, S. Bhadra, B. C. Ranu,* Transition metal-free procedure for the synthesis of S-aryl dithiocarbamates using aryl diazonium fluoroborate in water at room temperature, Green Chem. 2011, 13, 1837–1842.
13. L. Adak, S. Bhadra, K. Chattopadhyay, B. C. Ranu,* Amphiphilic allylation of activated alkenes by allyl acetates and allylstannanes catalyzed by palladium nanoparticles: an easy access to stereodefined substituted cyclohexene derivatives, New J. Chem. 2011, 35, 430–437.
12. B. C. Ranu,* S. Bhadra, D. Saha, Green recyclable supported catalyst for useful organic transformations, Curr. Org. Synth. 2011, 8, 146–171 (Review article).
11. S. Bhadra, L. Adak, S. Samanta, A. K. M. M. Islam, M. Mukherjee, B. C. Ranu,* Alumina supported Cu(II). A versatile and recyclable catalyst for regioselective ring opening of aziridines and epoxides and subsequent cyclization to functionalized 1,4-Benzoxazines and 1,4- Benzodioxanes, J. Org. Chem. 2010, 75, 8533–8541 (Highlighted in Synfacts, 2011, 3, 339– 339).
10. S. Bhadra, A. Saha and B. C. Ranu, Al2O3-supported Cu-catalyzed electrophilic substitution by PhSeBr in organoboranes, organosilanes, and organostannanes. A protocol for the synthesis of unsymmetrical diaryl and alkyl aryl selenides, J. Org. Chem. 2010, 75, 4864–4867.
9. L. Adak, S. Bhadra, B. C. Ranu,* Palladium(0) nanoparticles catalyzed sp2 C–H activation: a convenient route to alkyl-aryl ketones by direct acylation of aryl bromides and iodides with aldehydes, Tetrahedron Lett. 2010, 51, 3811–3814.
8. G. Joshi, S. Bhadra, S. Ghosh, M. K. Agrawal, B. Ganguly, S. Adimurthy, P. K. Ghosh, B. C. Ranu,* Making full use of the oxidizing equivalents in bromate in the selective oxidation of thiolssulfides, and benzylic/secondary alcohols into disulfides, sulfoxides, and aldehydes/ketones, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 2010, 49, 1236–1241.
7. R. D. Patil, S. Bhadra, S. Adimurth, B. C. Ranu,* A green oxidation of methylarenes to benzoic acids with bromide/bromate couple in water, Synth. Commun. 2010, 40, 2922–2929.
6. S. Bhadra, B. Sreedhar, B. C. Ranu,* Recyclable heterogeneous supported copper-catalyzed coupling of thiols with aryl halides: Base-controlled differential arylthiolation of bromoiodobenzenes, Adv. Synth. Catal. 2009, 351, 2369–2378 (Highlighted in Synfacts, 2010, 1, 0116–0116).
5. S. Bhadra, B. C. Ranu, Water-promoted regioselective hydrothiolation of alkynes, Can. J. Chem., 2009, 87, 1605–1609.
4. S. Bhadra, A. Saha, B. C. Ranu,* One-pot copper nanoparticles-catalyzed green synthesis of S-aryl- and S-vinyl dithiocarbamates in water: high diastereoselectivity achieved for vinyl dithiocarbamates, Green Chem. 2008, 10, 1224–1230.
3. B. C. Ranu,* S. Bhadra, L. Adak; Indium(III) chloride-catalyzed oxidative cleavage of carbon- carbon multiple bonds by tert-butyl hydroperoxide in water – a safer alternative to ozonolysis, Tetrahedron Lett. 2008, 49, 2588–2591.
2. B. C. Ranu,* K. Chattopadhyay, L. Adak, A. Saha, S. Bhadra, R. Dey, D. Saha, Metal nanoparticles as efficient catalysts for organic reactions, Pure Appl. Chem. 2009, 81, 2337–2354.
1. B. C. Ranu,* K. Chattopadhyay, Amit Saha, L. Adak, R. Jana, S. Bhadra, R. Dey, D. Saha, Potential of metal nanoparticles in organic reactions, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 2008, 106, 12003.
1. Synthesis and process development of selected perfumery chemicals, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) and Key Starting Materials (KSM). 2. Catalytic stereoselective synthesis of chiral compounds and drug intermediates. 3. Green and sustainable catalysis via C–H functionalization and decarboxylative transformations.
Organic synthesis, Homogeneous catalysis, Asymmetric catalysis, C–H functionalization, Sustainable chemistry