Dr. Sanjay Pratihar
Doctor of Philosophy: Department of Chemistry, IIT, Kharagpur, India; (July 2006−January 2012). Master of Science: (Inorganic Chemistry), Banaras Hindu Universitty, India, (2004− 2006)
Dr. Sanjay Pratihar
Skype ID: Sanjay Pratihar
/ 2567760 (Extn. 7190)
- M. Dutta, K. K. Bania, and S. Pratihar* A Remote ‘Imidazole’‐Based Ruthenium(II) Para‐Cymene Pre‐catalyst for the Selective Oxidation Reaction of Alkyl Arenes and Alcohols, Chem Asian J. 2020, 15, 926-32. (Impact Factor: 3.7), Special issue: The 2nd International Conference on Organometallics and Catalysis (ICOC-2020). https://doi.org/10.1002/asia.201901760
- K. Sarmah, S. Mukhopadhya, T. K. Maji, and S. Pratihar* Switchable Bifunctional Bi-state Reusable ZnO-Cu for selective oxidation and reduction reaction, ACS Catalysis, 2019, 9, 732-45. (Impact Factor: 12.3) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1021/acscatal.8b03785
- M. Dutta, K. K. Bania, and S. Pratihar* Remote 'Imidazole' Based Ruthenium(II) p‐Cymene Precatalyst for Selective Oxidative Cleavage of C−C Multiple Bonds, Chem. Cat. Chem. 2019, 11, 2683-94. (Impact Factor: 4.5). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/cctc.201900242
- K. Sarmah and S. Pratihar* “Synthesis, Characterization, and Photocatalytic Application of Iron Oxalate Capped Fe, Fe−Cu, Fe−Co, and Fe−Mn Oxide Nanomaterial” ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng. 2017, 5, 310-324. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1021/acssuschemeng.6b01673 (Impact Factor: 7.6)
- K. Sarmah, G. Pandit, A. B. Das, B. Sarma, and S. Pratihar* “Steric Environment Triggered Self-Healing CuII/HgII Bimetallic Gel with Old CuII−Schiff Base Complex as a New Metalloligand” Cryst. Growth Des. 2017, 17, 368-80. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.cgd.6b01545 (Impact Factor: 4.4).
- K. Sarmah, J. Pal, T. K. Maji, and S. Pratihar* “Magnetically Recoverable Heterobimetallic Co2Mn3O8: Selective and Sustainable Oxidation and Reduction Reaction” ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng. 2017, 5, 11504-15. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1021/acssuschemeng.7b02739. (Impact Factor: 7.6)
- M. Dutta, S. M. Mandal, R. Pegu, and S. Pratihar* “PdII/AgI Catalyzed room temperature Reaction of γ-Hydroxy Lactams: Mechanism, Scope, and antistaphylococcal activity” J. Org. Chem. 2017, 82, 2193-98. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.joc.6b02378 (Impact Factor: 4.9)
- K. Sarmah, U. K. Roy, T. K. Maji, and S. Pratihar* Role of Metal Exchange toward the Morphology and Photocatalytic Activity of Cu/Ag/Au-Doped ZnO: A Study with a Zinc–Sodium Acetate Complex as the Precursor, ACS Appl. Nano Mater., 2018, 1, 2049–2056. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1021/acsanm.8b00436
- S. Pratihar,* “Triggering the approach of an Arene or Heteroarene towards an aldehyde via Lewis acid-aldehyde communication” Org. Biomol. Chem. 2016, 14, 2854-65 (Impact Factor: 3.6). DOI:10.1039/C5OB02284C
- S. Pratihar* “Electrophilicity and Nucleophilicity of Commonly Used Aldehydes from Oxidation and Reduction Reaction” Org. Biomol. Chem. 2014, 12, 5781-88. (Impact Factor: 3.6) DOI: 10.1039/C4OB00555D amongst the top 20 most read article for the month of May-June 2014.
- R. Pegu, G. Pandit, A. K. Guha, S. K. Das,* and S. Pratihar,* Selective detection of fluoride via amplified donor-acceptor interaction of 6H-indolo [2, 3-b] quinoline, Spectrochim. Acta, Part A, 2019, 211, 246-53. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.saa.2018.11.064 (Impact Factor: 3.0)
- S. Pratihar,* R. Pegu, A. K. Guha, B. Sarma “Protonation of Coordinated P=NÇN: A Mechanistic Appraisal” Dalton Trans. 2014, 43, 17136-44. DOI:10.1039/C4DT01665C (Impact Factor: 4.0)
- R. Kashyap, D. J. Talukdar, and S. Pratihar* “Iron Oxalate Capped Iron-copper Nano for oxidative transformation of aldehyde” New J. Chem. 2015, 39, 1430-37. (Impact Factor: 3.3)
- S. Pratihar*, A. Kakoty and K. Sarmah “Waste management in Zinc promoted allylation of aldehyde” New J. Chem. 2016, 40, 5347-56.
- D. Das, S. Pratihar, and S. Roy, Heterobimetallic Pd-Sn Catalysis: Michael Addition Reaction with C-, N-, O-, S- Nucleophiles and In-situ Diagnostics, J. Org. Chem. 2013, 78, 2430-42 (Impact Factor: 4.9)
- S. Pratihar and S. Roy, Nucleophilicity and Site Selectivity of Commonly Used Arenes and Heteroarenes, J. Org. Chem. 2010, 75, 4957-63. (Impact Factor: 4.9). Amongst the top 20 most read article for the month of July-August 2010.
- M. Bera, S. Pratihar, and S. Roy , Regioselective Ring-Opening of Aziridines/Azetidines with ‘N’, ‘O’, ‘S’ and Tethered di Nucleophile: Mechanistic Proposal through Theoretical Approach, J. Org. Chem. 2011, 76, 1475-78. (Impact Factor: 4.9)
- S. Pratihar and S. Roy, Reactivity and Selectivity of Organotin Reagents in Allylation and Arylation: Nucleophilicity Parameter as a Guide, Organometallics. 2011, 30, 3257-69. (Impact Factor: 3.9). Amongst the top 20 most read article for the month of May-June 2011.
- S. Pratihar, J. Marek and S. Roy, Mono cationic palladium(II): Synthesis, characterization and catalytic activity in Suzuki coupling, Inorg. Chim. Acta. 2011, 372, 362-366.(Impact Factor: 2.0)
- S. Pratihar and S. Roy, Correction to Nucleophilicity and Site Selectivity of Commonly Used Arenes and Heteroarenes, J. Org. Chem. 2011, 76, 4219. (Impact Factor: 4.72, CI: 1)
- D. Das, S. Pratihar, S. Roy, Heterobimetallic Pd-Sn Catalysis: A Suzuki, Tandem Ring Closing Sequence Towards Indeno[2,1-b]thiophenes andIndeno[2,1-b]indoles, Org. Lett. 2012, 14, 4870-73. (Impact Factor: 6.1)
- J. Choudhury, S. Pratihar, and S. Roy, Reactivity of IrCl(PPh3)3 with diphenylacetylene—A direct route to 1-iridaindene, Canadian Journal of Chemistry 2009, 87, 183-187. (Impact Factor: 1.24, CI: 5)
- Debjit Das, Sanjay Pratihar, and Sujit Roy, Heterobimetallic Pd-Sn catalysis: Highly selective intermolecular hydroarylation of α-methyl substituted aryl alkenes, Tetrahedron Letters, 2013, 54, 335-338. (Impact Factor: 2.37)
- Arabinda Mallick, Ujjal Kanti Roy, Basudeb Haldar, and Sanjay Pratihar, A newly developed highly selective ratiometric fluoride ion sensor: Spectroscopic, NMR and density functional studies, Analyst, 2012, 137, 1247. (Impact Factor: 4.0, CI: 24)
- D. Das, S. Pratihar, U. K. Roy, D. R. Mal, and S. Roy, First example of a heterobimetallic ‘Pd–Sn’ catalyst for direct activation of alcohol: Efficient allylation, benzylation and propargylation of arenes, heteroarenes, active methylenes and allyl-Si nucleophiles, Org. Biomol. Chem. 2012, 21, 4537-4542. (Impact Factor: 3. 6)
- S. M. Mandal and S. Pratihar “Antimicrobial formulation/composition to control multi-drug resistant MRSA” (1023/KOL/2015 dated 28-9-2015).
- S. Pratihar, S. S. Bhattacharya, P. Das and K. Sarmah ‘Novel Soil conditioner” Indian Patent & PCT Application No: 201631010727
Mechanistic Organometallic Chemistry, Homogeneous catalysis for oxidation, hydrogenation, and assisted tandem reactions, Smart Materials for catalytic, photo catalytic and agricultural applications
Organometallic and catalysis, stimuli responsive smart materials for organic transformation, Next generation smart materials for agricultural applications.