Dr. Hiren D. Raval
Dr. Hiren D. Raval
7690 / 2567760
- Hiren D. Raval*, Pratik Koradiya (2016) Direct fertigation with brackish water by a forward osmosis system converting domestic reverse osmosis module into forward osmosis membrane element, Desalination and Water Treatment, Volume 57, pp. 15740–15747.
- Hiren D. Raval*, Subarna Maiti (2016) Ultra- low energy Reverse osmosis with thermal energy recovery from photovoltaic panel cooling and TFC RO membrane modification, Desalination and Water Treatment Volume 57, pp. 4303-4312.
- Hiren D. Raval*, Pranav S. Rana, Subarna Maiti (2015) A novel high-flux thin film composite reverse osmosis membrane modified by chitosan for advanced water treatment, RSC Advances Volume 5, pp. 6687-6694.
- Hiren D. Raval*, Subarna Maiti (2015) A novel photovoltaic powered Reverse Osmosis with improved productivity of Reverse osmosis and photovoltaic panel, Journal of Membrane Science and Research, Volume 1, pp. 113-117.
- H.D. Raval*, A.H. Raval, J.H. Bhatt, R.P. Pandya (2015) Study on removal of m-phenylene diamine from aqueous solution by adsorption over granular activated carbon, Indian Journal of Chemical Technology Volume 22, pp. 42-47.
- Ramavatar Meena*, Jai Prakash Chaudhary, Pradeep K. Agarwal, Pratyush Maiti, Shruti Chatterjee, Hiren D. Raval, Parinita Agarwal, Arup K. Siddhanta, Kamalesh Prasad, Pushpito K. Ghosh*(2014) Surfacant induced coagulation of agarose from aqueous extract of Gracilaria dura seaweed as an energy-efficient alternative to the conventional freeze-thaw process, RSC advances Volume 4, pp. 28093-28098.
- Hiren D. Raval*, Subarna Maiti*,Ashish Mittal (2014) Computational fluid dynamics analysis and experimental validation of improvement in overall energy efficiency of a solar photovoltaic panel by thermal energy recovery, Journal of renewable and sustainable energy Volume 6, p. 033138.
- H.D. Raval*, VR Chauhan, AH Raval, S Mishra (2012) Rejuvenation of discarded RO membrane for new applications, Desalination and Water Treatment, Volume 48 (1-3), pp. 349-359.
- R Rangarajan, NV Desai, SL Daga, SV Joshi, A Prakash Rao, VJ Shah, JJ Trivedi, CV Devmurari, K Singh, PS Bapat, H.D. Raval, SK Jewrajka, NK Saha, A Bhattacharya, PS Singh, Paramita Ray, GS Trivedi, N Pathak, AVR Reddy* (2011) Thin film composite reverse osmosis membrane development and scale up at CSMCRI, Bhavnagar, Desalination, Vol. 282, pp. 68-77.
- H. D. Raval*, JJ Trivedi, SV Joshi, CV Devmurari (2010) Flux Enhancement of Thin Film Composite Membrane by Controlled Chlorine Treatment, Desalination, Volume 250, pp. 945-949.
- H.D. Raval*, JM Gohil (2010) Nanotechnology in water treatment: an emerging trend, International Journal of Nuclear Desalination, Volume 4 (2), pp. 184-188.
- H D Raval*, JM Gohil (2009) Carbon Nanotube Membrane in Seawater Desalination, International Journal of Nuclear Desalination Volume 3,p. 4.
- N. Suresh Kumar, Hiren D. Raval (2009) Boron Removal in Seawater Desalination - Everything About Water, Volume July 2009, p. 98.
- H.D. Raval*, A.K. Swain (2005) Multiple Extrusions of HDPE: Study of degradation and stabilization, Chemical Product Finder Journal p. 45.
- A.K. Swain*, H.D. Raval (2005) Copolymer of Methyl Methacrylate and Methacrylic acid: synthesis and characterization, Chemical Engineering World, pp. 86-89.
Invited talks/Conference presentations:
- Invited talk on “Recent advances in Thin Film Composite RO membrane development and applications” for a short term training program entitled “Advances in Membrane developments and hand on experience” in October 2016 at SVNIT Surat.
- Invited talk on “Desalination using Renewable Energy Sources” for a Short Term Training Program entitled Recent trends in Chemical Engineering in July 2016 at SVNIT Surat.
- H.D. Raval*, S. Maiti, A. Ghassemi, L. Karimi (2014) “Options for improving attractiveness of renewable energy powered desalination” at AICHE Annual meeting-2014 Atlanta, GA, USA.
- H.D. Raval*, A.H. Raval, V.R. Chauhan (2013) “New life of discarded RO membrane for alternate applications”, IDAWC-2013 proceedings Tianjin, China
- H. D. Raval* (2014) "Recent advances in membrane technology" invited lecture at Dharmasinh Desai University Nadiad, March-2014.
- H.D. Raval* (2014) "New avenues in membrane science and technology" invited lecture for a short term training program at VVP Engineering College in June-2014.
- H.D. Raval* (2010) "Nanotechnology in Water Treatment: An emerging trend" invited speech at Global R & D Conclave-2010 at New Delhi.
- H.D. Raval* (2008) "Desalination in India and Middle-East: Current Trends and Future Prospects" at CHEMCON -2008, Chandigarh.
- H.D. Raval* (2006) "Dual role of chlorine on TFC membrane post treatment" an International symposium organized by Indian Desalination Association in March 2006 at Jaipur.
- H.D. Raval*, A.K. Swain (2004) "Degradation of film grade HDPE during processing" presented in CHEMCON-2004, a joint symposium of IICHE and AICHE.
- H.D. Raval* (2002) "Metallocene Catalyst initiates New Era in Polymer Synthesis" presented in a national level paper presentation FOOTPRINTS-2002.
- --Associate Member of Royal Society of Chemistry (AMRSC), Life member of Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers (IICHE), Life Member of Indian Desalination Association (InDA), Member of Gujarat Science Academy (GSA).
As a Principal Investigator
- --Value creation from solid waste: Discarded Reverse Osmosis membrane elements sponsored by Department of Science and Technology (Status: Ongoing- Funding: INR 2.69 Cr.)
- --Recycling of thin film composite RO membrane by removal of polyamide layer and in situ interfacial polymerization CSIR EMPOWER Project (Status: Completed)
As a team member
- --Membranes with improved performance and enhanced fouling resistance for desalination and water purification
- --Membrane and adsorbent technology platform for effective separation of gases and liquids
- --A consolidated biomass process for integrated production of multiple products from fresh marine microalgae.
Membrane Systems Design, Process Engineering, Thin Film Composite RO Membrane Process, Renewable energy powered desalination, Novel Membranes for Water Treatment Applications.