Dr. Alok Ranjan Paital
Ph.D.: IIT-Kharagpur; Postdoc: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA & University of Missouri, Columbia, USA.
Dr. Alok Ranjan Paital
Personal webpage: https://sites.google.com/view/paital-group/home
7480 / 2567760
26. High surface area dendritic silica pairing with anthraquinone derivative: A promising single platform for dual applications of detection and remediation of nitroaromatics and copper ion. Sanjay Yadav, Nishu Choudhary, Mahesh Ranjan Dash, Alok Ranjan Paital, Chemical Engineering Journal, 2022, 450, 138042.
25. A compendium of evaporation techniques for salt production from seawater and sub-soil brine. Vyas, Bipin G.; Labhasetwar, Pawan Kumar; Yadav, Anshul; Paital, Alok Ranjan. Chemical Papers, 2022, Ahead of Print.
24. Hybrid material for ferric ion detection & remediation: Exceptional selectivity & adsorption capacity with biological applications. Yadav, Sanjay; Rajpurohit, Dushyantsingh; Dash, Soumya Ranjan; Bhojani, Gopal; Chatterjee, Shruti; Paital, Alok Ranjan. Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, 2022, 338, 111945.
23. Sensing vs Extraction: Functionalized Ionic Liquid as a Single Platform for Dual Applications with Biological Implications. Gohil, Hardipsinh; Yadav, Sanjay; Rajpurohit, Dushyantsingh; Bhojani, Gopal; Chatterjee, Shruti; Paital, Alok Ranjan. ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering, 2021, 9, 13096-13105.
22. Recyclable Functionalized Material for Sensitive Detection and Exceptional Sorption of Hexavalent Chromium and Permanganate Ions with Biosensing Applications. Yadav, Sanjay; Choudhary, Nishu; Bhai, Surjit; Bhojani, Gopal; Chatterjee, Shruti; Ganguly, Bishwajit; Paital, Alok R. ACS Applied Bio Materials, 2021, 4, 6430-6440.
21.An Ionophore for High Lithium Loading and Selective Capture from Brine. Gohil, H.; Chatterjee, S.; Yadav, S.; Suresh, E.; Paital, A. R., Inorg. Chem. 2019, 58, 7209-7219.
20.An Anthracene Excimer Fluorescence Probe on Mesoporous Silica for Dual Functions of Detection and Adsorption of Mercury (II) and Copper (II) with Biological In Vivo Applications. Chatterjee, S.; Gohil, H.; Raval, I.; Chatterjee, S.; Paital, A. R., Small, 2019, 15, 1804749.
19.Functionalized Cubic Mesoporous Silica as a Non-Chemodosimetric Fluorescence Probe and Adsorbent for Selective Detection and Removal of Bisulfite Anions along with Toxic Metal Ions. Sobhan Chatterjee, Alok Ranjan Paital, Adv. Funct. Mater. 2018, 28, 1704726.
18. Dual Functions of Selective Ferric Ion Detection and Removal by a Recyclable Fluorescence Active Multifunctional Silica Material and Toxic Dye Removal from Aqueous Solution. Sobhan Chatterjee, Hardipsinh Gohil, and Alok Ranjan Paital, ChemistrySelect 2017, 2, 5348– 5359.
17. Copper(II)-Specific Fluorogenic Task-Specific Ionic Liquids as Selective Fluorescence Probes and Recyclable Extractants. Chatterjee, Sobhan; Gohil, Hardipsinh; Suresh, E.; Paital, Alok Ranjan. Chemistry - A European Journal (5.73), 2015, 21, 13943-13948.
16. Copper-Catalyzed Synthesis of α-Naphthols from Enol Esters. Panda, Niranjan; Mothkuri, Raghavender; Pal, Arpan; Paital, Alok R. Advanced Synthesis & Catalysis (5.66). 2013, 355(14-15), 2809-2814.
15. Ligand dependent self-assembly of hydroxido-bridged dicopper units templated by sodium ion. Sarkar, Avijit; Paital, Alok Ranjan; Khan, Rais Ahmad; Arjmand, Farukh; Bertolasi, Valerio; Mathoniere, Corine; Clerac, Rodolphe; Ray, Debashis. Dalton Transactions (4.08) 2013, 42, 12495-12506.
14. Copper-thioarylazoimidazole complexes: Structures, photochromism and redox interconversion between Cu(II)↔Cu(I) and correlation with DFT calculation. Sarker. K.K.; Halder, S. S.; Banerjee, D.; Mondal, T.K.; Paital, A.R.; Nanda, P.K.;Raghavaiah,P.; Sinha, C. Inorg. Chim.Acta(2.32), 2010, 363, 2955.
13. Synthesis, Electronic Structure, and Structural Characterization of the New,"Non-Innocent" 4,5-Dithio-Catecholate Ligand, Its Metal Complexes, and Their Oxidized 4,5-Dithio-o-quinone Derivatives. Coucouvanis, D.; Paital, A. R.; Zhang, Q.; Lehnert, N.; Ahlrichs, R.; Fink, K.; Fenske, D.; Powell, A. K..; Lan, Y. Inorg. Chem. (4.65), 2009, 48, 8830.
12. Structure and dimensionality of coordination complexes correlated to piperazine conformation: from discrete[CuII2] and [CuII4] complexes to a μ1,3-N3- bridged [CuII2]n chain. Paital, A. R.;Mandal, D.; Huang, X.; Li, J.; Aromi, G.;Ray, D. Dalton Trans.(4.08), 2009, 8,1352.
11. Dissymmetry of an exogenous bridging ligand facilitates the assembly of a ferromagnetic and chiral [CuIINiII] complex. Paital, A. R.; Ribas, J.; Barrios, L. A.; Aromi, G.; Ray, D. Dalton Trans.(4.08), 2009, 2, 256.
10. A novel [CuII4] cluster from the assemblyof two [CuII2L]+ units by a central μ4-1,1,2,2 perchlorate ligand. Paital, A. R.;Bertolasi, V.; Aromi, G.; Ribas-Arino, J.;Ray, D. Dalton Trans.(4.08), 2008, 7, 861.
9. New [LNiII2]+ Complexes Incorporating2-Formyl or 2,6-Diformyl-4-methyl Phenol as Inhibitors of the Hydrolysis of the Ligand L3-: Ni---Ni Ferromagnetic Coupling and S = 2 Ground States. Paital, A. R.; Wong, W. T.; Aromi, G.;Ray, D. Inorg. Chem.(4.65), 2007, 46, 5727.
8. Two Cu2 and Zn2 Metallamacrocycles Featuring a Novel Extended Π-Conjugated Carbazole Bridge. Paital, A. R.; Wu, A.-Q.; Guo, G-C.; Aromi, G.; Ribas-Arino, J.; Ray, D. (MOST ACCESSED ARTICLE). Inorg. Chem.(4.65), 2007, 46, 2947.
7. New mixed-metal aggregates derived from dinickel complexes on a 2-formylphenolate template: counteranion dependent formation of 1D chain and discrete NaNi2 complexes. Paital, A. R.; Mikuriya, M.; Ray, D. Eur. J. Inorg.Chem.(2.94), 2007, 34, 5360.
6. [(Tmp)Co2L] complexes through preassembly on 2,6-diformyl- and 2,6- bis(benzylimino)-4-methylphenolate templates. Paital, A. R.; Sarkar, M.; Mikuriya, M.; Ray, D. Eur. J. Inorg. Chem.(2.94), 2007, 30, 4762.
5. [CuII4] clusters from the self-assembly of two imidazolidinyl 2-phenolate-bridged
[CuII 2] units: the role of the chloride bridge. Paital, A. R.; Hong, C. S.; Kim, H. C.; Ray, D. Eur. J. Inorg. Chem.(2.94), 2007, 12, 1644.
4. Zn(II), Cd(II) and Hg(II) complexes of 8-aminoquinoline. Structure, spectra and photoluminescence property. Paira, M. K.; Dinda, J.; Lu, T.-H.; Paital, A. R.; Sinha, C. Polyhedron(2.20) 2007, 26, 4131.
3. Unique Asymmetric (CuII4) Double-Stranded Helicate from a Hexadentate Piperazine-Based Ligand: Ligand Conformation Isomerism upon Coordination. Paital, A. R.; Nanda, P. K.; Das, S.; Aromi, G.; Ray, D. Inorg. Chem.(4.65), 2006, 45, 505.
2. Substituted m-phenylene bridges as strong ferromagnetic couplers for CuII-bridge-CuII magnetic interactions: new perspectives. Paital, A. R; Mitra, T.; Ray, D.; Wong, W. T.; Ribas-Arino, J.; Novoa, J. J.; Ribas, J.; Aromi, G (COVER PAGE ARTICLE). Chem. Commun.(5.78), 2005, 41, 5172.
1. V2O5-H2O2: a convenient reagent for the direct oxidation of acetals to esters. Gopinath, R.; Paital, A. R.; Patel, B. K. Tet. Lett.(2.66),2002, 43,5123.
- PHARMA-GRADE SALT (NaCl) COMPOSITION AND ITS METHOD OF PREPARATION THEREOF. Indian Patent Application number: 202111045223.
- A ZERO DISCHARGE HYDROMETALLURGY-BASED PROCESS FOR THE RECOVERY OF VALUABLE METALS FROM SPENT LITHIUM ION BATTERIES. Indian Patent Application number: 202111052187.
Postdoc. with Prof. Dimitri Coucouvanis, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA, Sept 2007-July 2009.
Postdoc. with Prof. M. F. Hawthorne, International Institute of Nano & Molecular Medicine,University of Missouri, Columbia, USA, August 2009-July 2011.
Award & Honors:
2001 Qualified All India Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
2001 Awarded JRF-CSIR-UGC (NET) for Junior Research Fellowship in Chemical Sciences.
 Salt & Marine Chemicals: Process development for salt quality and yield improvement, Quality improvement of salt for Chlor-alkali industries etc.
 Functionalized Materials: Heterogeneous Dual signalling and remediation systems for detection and adsorption of toxic analytes.
 Ionic Liquids: Functionalized ionic liquids for dual functions of metal ion sensing and extractions.
 Coordination Chemistry:Design and synthesis of various ligand systems for selective binding of various metal ions and their applications.
A 3-years research project entitled: Designed Synthesis of Fluorogenic Task-specific Ionic Liquids for Transition and Heavy Metal Ion Sensing and Removal/Extraction funded by Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India, New Delhi, Principal Investigator.
A 3-years research project entitled: “Selective Extraction of Li & Sr ions from Sea/Sub-soil Brines using Ionophores/Task Specific Ionic Liquids” funded by Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India, New Delhi, Principal Investigator. Project No. SB/S1/IC-12/2013.
High Purity salt and recovery of valuable metal ions from marine resources (HPSMC) funded by CSIR (Network project), CSC 0203.
Feasibility study on saline effluent treatment of Viral Alkalis Ltd.: Recovery of valuable salts of high purity, Co-PI
- Salt & Marine Chemicals: Process development for salt quality and yield improvement, Quality improvement of salt for Chlor-alkali and pharmaceutical industries etc.
- Functionalized Materials: Heterogeneous Dual signalling and remediation systems for detection and adsorption of toxic analytes.
- Ionic Liquids: Functionalized ionic liquids for dual functions of metal ion sensing and extractions.
- Coordination Chemistry: Design and synthesis of various ligand systems for selective binding of various metal ions and their applications.
Coordination Chemistry, Metallacarboranes, Bioinorganic Chemistry, Metal ion sensing and extractions