Dr. Alok Ranjan Paital
Dr. Alok Ranjan Paital
7480 / 2567760
1. V2O5-H2O2: a convenient reagent for the direct oxidation of acetals to esters. Gopinath,R.; Paital, A. R.; Patel, B. K. Tet. Lett.(2.66),2002, 43,5123.
2. Substituted m-phenylene bridges as strong ferromagnetic couplers for CuII-bridge-CuII magnetic interactions: new perspectives. Paital, A. R; Mitra, T.; Ray, D.; Wong, W. T.; Ribas-Arino, J.; Novoa, J. J.; Ribas, J.; Aromi, G (COVER PAGE ARTICLE). Chem. Commun.(5.78), 2005, 41, 5172.
3. Unique Asymmetric (CuII4) Double-Stranded Helicate from a Hexadentate PiperazineBasedLigand: Ligand Conformation Isomerism upon Coordination. Paital, A. R.; Nanda, P.K.; Das, S.; Aromi, G.; Ray, D. Inorg. Chem.(4.65), 2006, 45, 505.
4. Zn(II), Cd(II) and Hg(II) complexes of 8-aminoquinoline. Structure, spectra and photoluminescence property. Paira, M. K.; Dinda, J.; Lu, T.-H.; Paital, A. R.; Sinha, C.Polyhedron(2.20) 2007, 26, 4131.
5. [CuII4] clusters from the self-assembly of two imidazolidinyl 2-phenolate-bridged [CuII 2] units: the role of the chloride bridge. Paital, A. R.; Hong, C. S.; Kim, H. C.; Ray, D.Eur. J. Inorg. Chem.(2.94), 2007, 12, 1644.
6. [(Tmp)Co2L] complexes through preassembly on 2,6-diformyl- and 2,6- bis(benzylimino)-4-methylphenolate templates. Paital, A. R.; Sarkar, M.; Mikuriya, M.; Ray, D. Eur. J. Inorg.Chem.(2.94), 2007, 30, 4762.
7. New mixed-metal aggregates derived from dinickel complexes on a 2-formylphenolate template: counteranion dependent formation of 1D chain and discrete NaNi2 complexes. Paital, A. R.; Mikuriya, M.; Ray, D. Eur. J. Inorg.Chem.(2.94), 2007, 34, 5360.
8. Two Cu2 and Zn2 Metallamacrocycles Featuring a Novel Extended Π-Conjugated Carbazole Bridge. Paital, A. R.; Wu, A.-Q.; Guo, G-C.; Aromi, G.; Ribas-Arino, J.; Ray, D.(MOST ACCESSED ARTICLE). Inorg. Chem.(4.65), 2007, 46, 2947.
9. New [LNiII2]+ Complexes Incorporating2-Formyl or 2,6-Diformyl-4-methyl Phenol as Inhibitors of the Hydrolysis of the Ligand L3-: Ni---Ni Ferromagnetic Coupling and S = 2Ground States. Paital, A. R.; Wong, W. T.; Aromi, G.;Ray, D. Inorg. Chem.(4.65), 2007, 46,5727.
10. A novel [CuII4] cluster from the assemblyof two [CuII2L]+ units by a central 4-1,1,2,2 perchlorate ligand. Paital, A. R.;Bertolasi, V.; Aromi, G.; Ribas-Arino, J.;Ray, D. Dalton Trans.(4.08), 2008, 7, 861.
11. Dissymmetry of an exogenous bridging ligand facilitates the assembly of a ferromagnetic and chiral [CuIINiII] complex. Paital, A. R.; Ribas, J.; Barrios, L. A.; Aromi, G.; Ray, D. Dalton Trans.(4.08), 2009, 2, 256.
12. Structure and dimensionality of coordination complexes correlated to piperazine conformation: from discrete[CuII2] and [CuII4] complexes to a 1,3-N3- bridged [CuII2]n chain. Paital, A. R.;Mandal, D.; Huang, X.; Li, J.; Aromi, G.;Ray, D. Dalton Trans.(4.08), 2009, 8,1352.
13. Synthesis, Electronic Structure, and Structural Characterization of the New,"NonInnocent"4,5-Dithio-Catecholate Ligand, Its Metal Complexes, and Their Oxidized 4,5-Dithio-o-quinone Derivatives. Coucouvanis, D.; Paital, A. R.; Zhang, Q.; Lehnert, N.;Ahlrichs, R.; Fink, K.; Fenske, D.; Powell, A. K..; Lan, Y. Inorg. Chem. (4.65), 2009, 48,8830.
14. Copper-thioarylazoimidazole complexes: Structures, photochromism and redox interconversion between Cu(II)↔Cu(I) and correlation with DFT calculation. Sarker. K.K.;Halder, S. S.; Banerjee, D.; Mondal, T.K.; Paital, A.R.; Nanda, P.K.;Raghavaiah,P.; Sinha,C. Inorg. Chim.Acta (2.32), 2010, 363, 2955.
15. Ligand dependent self-assembly of hydroxido-bridged dicopper units templated by sodium ion. Sarkar, Avijit; Paital, Alok Ranjan; Khan, Rais Ahmad; Arjmand, Farukh;Bertolasi, Valerio; Mathoniere, Corine; Clerac, Rodolphe; Ray, Debashis. Dalton Transactions (4.08) 2013, 42, 12495-12506.
16. Copper-Catalyzed Synthesis of α- Naphthols from Enol Esters. Panda, Niranjan;Mothkuri, Raghavender; Pal, Arpan; Paital, Alok R. Advanced Synthesis & Catalysis (5.66). 2013, 355(14-15), 2809-2814.
17. Copper(II) Specific Fluorogenic Task-Specific Ionic Liquids as Selective Fluorescence Probes and Recyclable Extractants. Chatterjee, Sobhan; Gohil, Hardipsinh; Suresh, E.;Paital, Alok Ranjan. Chemistry - A European Journal (5.73), 2015, 21, 13943-13948.
18. Dual Functions of Selective Ferric Ion Detection and Removal by a Recyclable Fluorescence Active Multifunctional Silica Material and Toxic Dye Removal from Aqueous Solution. Sobhan Chatterjee, Hardipsinh Gohil, and Alok Ranjan Paital, ChemistrySelect 2017, 2, 5348– 5359.
19. Functionalized Cubic Mesoporous Silica as a Non-Chemodosimetric Fluorescence Probe and Adsorbent for Selective Detection and Removal of Bisulfite Anions along with Toxic Metal Ions. Sobhan Chatterjee, Alok Ranjan Paital, Advanced Functional Materials,2017. DOI:10.1002/adfm.201704726. (I.F 12.12)
B.Sc. & M.Sc.: Ravenshaw University, Cuttack, Odisha, INDIA.
Ph.D.: Synthetic Inorganic Chemistry, Sept. 2007, IIT-Kharagpur under Prof. Debashis Ray.
Postdoc. with Prof. Dimitri Coucouvanis, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA, Sept 2007-July 2009.
Postdoc. with Prof. M. F. Hawthorne, International Institute of Nano & Molecular Medicine,University of Missouri, Columbia, USA, August 2009-July 2011.
Award & Honors:
2001 Qualified All India Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2001 Awarded JRF-CSIR-UGC (NET) for Junior Research Fellowship in Chemical Sciences.
 Salt & Marine Chemicals: Process development for salt quality and yield improvement, Quality improvement of salt for Chlor-alkali industries etc.
 Functionalized Materials: Heterogeneous Dual signalling and remediation systems for detection and adsorption of toxic analytes.
 Ionic Liquids: Functionalized ionic liquids for dual functions of metal ion sensing and extractions.
 Coordination Chemistry:Design and synthesis of various ligand systems for selective binding of various metal ions and their applications.
A 3-years research project entitled: Designed Synthesis of Fluorogenic Task-specific Ionic Liquids for Transition and Heavy Metal Ion Sensing and Removal/Extraction funded by Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India, New Delhi, Principal Investigator.
A 3-years research project entitled: “Selective Extraction of Li & Sr ions from Sea/Sub-soil Brines using Ionophores/Task Specific Ionic Liquids” funded by Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India, New Delhi, Principal Investigator. Project No. SB/S1/IC-12/2013.
High Purity salt and recovery of valuable metal ions from marine resources (HPSMC) funded by CSIR (Network project), CSC 0203.
Feasibility study on saline effluent treatment of Viral Alkalis Ltd.: Recovery of valuable salts of high purity, Co-PI
Functionalized materials and Ionic Liquids for dual functions of sensing and extraction, Selective extraction of metal ions from brine/bittern, Process development for high purity salt quality and quantity
Coordination Chemistry, Metallacarboranes, Bioinorganic Chemistry, Metal ion sensing and extractions